Post Match Fulham 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an absolute crock of shite.

I’d rather have Slimani than Nacho, and that’s saying something.

Isn't there a Spanish striker in the U23s? Roche?

Ndukwu and Eppiah haven't played for a while. I know Ndukwu got injured earlier in the season but I have no idea what happened to Eppiah.

Eppiah has probably been kidnapped by Everton or West Ham or Bournemouth if you believe what is in the Sun.

The academy is wank

Not a great show so given the circumstances we can be happy to have come away with a point. Not a bad thing on the road and I expect Fulham will get better under Ranieri to the point where they'll be safe. Puel didn't do himself any favours yesterday by making so many changes but with 8 games in a month it's not hard to see why he has done it. Personally I think he'd have been better off putting out our strongest side for these winnable games than against the likes of Spurs where we're not likely to get a favourable result even with a strongest team out. I guess it does go to show our lack of strength in depth when we hit a schedule like this.

I was at the match in the directors box yesterday.
Had a chinwag with Andrew Neville.

He was just saying that the club is still reeling and in deep shock over the tragic helicopter crash. He said it was important for the club to get through these months ahead as a priority first. Obviously wouldn't say much else but basically thanked the fans for everyone being a tight unit and a family.

Let's not forget this tragedy is so very recent and will still affect the club. It affected me and still brings me sadness and I never even worked in the club environment.

None of this is an excuse for poor performances as we all know they'd been coming for months now but just something to remember.

Bizarre team selection imo. Diabate had some nice moments in the first half, flicks and good movement but he needs to play more often to understand how the team plays.

Ndidi cannot pass the ball and that was evident yesterday.

Kasper had awful distribution but made some good saves.

Soyuncu had a better first half and seems to be really composed on the ball.

With reports of Benkovic playing superbly, Soyuncu improving, Maguire (assuming he stays) and Morgan and Evans as back-up, our defence really could be something solid next year if we sign a defending right back!

Oh and we lack balls.

Not a great show so given the circumstances we can be happy to have come away with a point. Not a bad thing on the road and I expect Fulham will get better under Ranieri to the point where they'll be safe. Puel didn't do himself any favours yesterday by making so many changes but with 8 games in a month it's not hard to see why he has done it. Personally I think he'd have been better off putting out our strongest side for these winnable games than against the likes of Spurs where we're not likely to get a favourable result even with a strongest team out. I guess it does go to show our lack of strength in depth when we hit a schedule like this.

Same, I'd rather us beat the likes of Fulham with our strongest and mix it up against Man City realising that the probable result would be defeat. Some call it a defeatist mentality but I call it plain smart.

Funny old game...

My reading of Claude Puel recently and the fact that he has steered the club through arguably it's most tricky time in it's history and not lost a football match whilst the players have been flying all over the world and in a state of unbelievable stress is that he's actually doing an exceptional job.

New players - Diabate, Ghezzal etc.. Do you not remember how shite Mahrez was in the Championship when he joined? Knocky was exceptional yet look at his development. Patience please.

We got a point at Fulham, should have won, players playing for the club like never before, not lost in 7, youth being played and especially in Chilwell developing wonderfully.

I'm not wanting change thanks.

Yeah, Mahrez was never shite in the championship or first season in the Prem. He wasn't anywhere near what he was the title winning season but he was still a billion times better than Diabetes.

He was a bit shite when he joined. He certainly wasn't much better than Ghezzywezzy.

Ok perhaps shite is unkind. I think Ghezzal would look not dissimilar to Mahrez in the Championship at the start.

Anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758