Gandhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were to the idea of putting a statue up of him in leics city centre?

Re: Ghandi

A charity is planning a 12ft high bronze one. Sarcastic git.

A charity is planning a 12ft high bronze one. Sarcastic git.

Good on 'em, if that's what they want to do

As long as it doesn't cost me anything, and as long as the local community want it (which they apparently do) then there appears to be no harm in it whatsoever

I heard about this on the radio last night and the campaign to have Gary Lineker or someone local there instead. That sounds more sensible but I don't know who I'd prefer.

Who wants it, and why?
Where is it going?
Who will pay for it?

The idea has come from the Gujarati community of Belgrave
It will go somewhere in Belgrave
Some Indian Charity will fund the whole thing

Job's a good un then.
Why should anybody else be even slightly bothered?

Ghandi? Schmandi

I think a statue of Engleburt should be placed on top of the clock tower there should also be a statue of that lad from Coronation street and it should be big enough to take up the whole of Gallowtree gate.

All paid for by the Foxes Trust.

Ghandi? Schmandi

I think a statue of Engleburt should be placed on top of the clock tower there should also be a statue of that lad from Coronation street and it should be big enough to take up the whole of Gallowtree gate.

All paid for by the Foxes Trust.

Not far off

Some **** has actually set up an on line petition asking for a statue of Gary Lineker instead, and is saying it's a disgrace etc. etc.

You couldn't make it up

Not far off

Some **** has actually set up an on line petition asking for a statue of Gary Lineker instead, and is saying it's a disgrace etc. etc.

You couldn't make it up

:icon_eek: Oh dear, that's just embarrassing :icon_lol:

As long as it doesn't cost me anything, and as long as the local community want it (which they apparently do) then there appears to be no harm in it whatsoever

Indeed.

I know you said it was to be in Belgrave, I could have sworn a while back I read it was to be in the city centre. Maybe I just read city and presumed it was in the centre.

If we're putting statues up I'd rather it was someone local, but if you're going to have a statue of a non local Gandhi would be one of the better choices.

Good on 'em, if that's what they want to do

Agree with both

Job's a good un then.
Why should anybody else be even slightly bothered?

Because they are all misinformed cnuts who think it's going to be alongside the Clock Tower.

That makes more sense. The news report implied it was going to be in Gallowtree Gate or somewhere central which is why it seemed strange to me.

Maybe they should split the difference and have a statue of Richard Attenborough (sp?) in a pose of him directing the Ghandi movie.
Everybody happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366