Gareth Williams signs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom W

Leicester City can today announce that Nottingham Forest midfielder Gareth Williams has agreed to join the Foxes squad from July 1.

City manager Micky Adams said he hoped the club could now agree a transfer fee with Forest for the 22-year-old as soon as possible.

Adams confirmed the news first to lcfc.com: "I am delighted that Gareth has agreed to join us. He has got a good calibre and is at the right age. He can only get better as a player.

"We hope to agree a fee with Nottingham Forest but we are prepared to go to a tribunal if necessary.

"Gareth is the first of a number of players that we hope to bring in over the summer."

The Scottish under 21 international has made 153 appearances for the Reds since he graduated from their Academy in 1998.

Williams was named Forest's player of the season at the end of the 2001-02 campaign, and was in fine form under the guidance of Joe Kinnear at the end of the current term.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~531825,00.html

From the Forest site -

"Playing Position: Midfielder

Squad Number: 8

He showed last season why he’s one of the most talked-about midfielders operating outside the Premier League with a string of outstanding displays.

But Williams also had to show the gritty side to his nature as he found himself troubled by injury problems.

His whole-hearted attitude came to the fore in the closing weeks of the campaign as he battled his way back from a serious shoulder injury to figure in Forest’s two play-off games.

By his own admission, it took him a while last season to reproduce the kind of form that earned him the 2001-02 ‘Player of the Year’ award at the end of his first full campaign in senior football.

But once he hit top gear, he was a model of consistency and was delighted to contribute three goals to the Forest cause – his first in senior football.

Away from the club scene, Williams is a regular member of the Scotland senior squad and also represented his country at Under 21 level last term."

:lol:

I said we had no chance earlier on in the day!

I think it will be an excellent signing for us. Young, talented, and is a very good passer of the ball.

I bet Marlon aint pleased, he also said we had a 0% chance of getting him.......

brilliant news... not a bad deal really, Impey and Rogers for Williams.

All hail the new Muzzy (we hope)

Fantastic news!!!!

Hopefully all the whiners will shut up for a bit now and actually wait and see all Mickys signings before they slag him off.

This had to happen really, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't nick a player for free off forest each summer. Who's out of contract next summer?? :lol:

Happy with that. If he forgets about shite like Dublin now i'll be even more pleased. Well done Micky, 2 decisions made this summer 100% right. Letting go of the shit and signing Williams. KEEP IT UP DONT GET BASSETT INVOLVED!

Babylon said:
Hopefully all the whiners will shut up for a bit now and actually wait and see all Mickys signings before they slag him off.

This had to happen really, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't nick a player for free off forest each summer. Who's out of contract next summer?? :lol:

Ok, we'll get Dawson this summer, and Reid the next. :wink:

webmaster said:
Babylon said:
This had to happen really, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't nick a player for free off forest each summer.

Williams isn't free, we'll have to pay a fee for him. If we can't agree a fee with f*rest it'll go to a tribunal.

What's your view on the signing, Webby?

webmaster said:
Babylon said:
This had to happen really, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't nick a player for free off forest each summer.

Williams isn't free, we'll have to pay a fee for him. If we can't agree a fee with f*rest it'll go to a tribunal.

TUT.... you know what i meant. :wink:

i saw him play at the city ground in the forest v palace game, he scored twice and was outstanding. An excellent replacement for muz in my opinion. Nice on Micky!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263