Gareth Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Iv'e heard a few rumours about forest are going to try and get the Tribunal to get city to pay 3M for him!!!
Anyone else heard this?
Apparantly it is also mentioned in one of todays papers.

What if the fee is to much for city and we simply cant afford it what happens than?

Ian said:
Iv'e heard a few rumours about forest are going to try and get the Tribunal to get city to pay 3M for him!!!
Anyone else heard this?

What if the fee is to much for city and we simply cant afford it what happens than?

tis true. MA says that they have commited too Gareth now so theres no turning back. We have to just hope that the trib. is kind to us!

Southern Fox said:
Ian said:
Anyone else heard this?

Don’t get too worried it will be nowhere hear that. The tribune is not to set a market value for players it is to compensate clubs who have developed young players for there costs. He was out of contract so if he were over 24 there would be no fee but as he is under we have to pay towards his development. Most fees are well under £1 Mill. even for very good young players. Some people try to quote what Man U paid Sunderland for Bellion but that was not set by the tribune it was agreed between the clubs just before hand and it has been suggested that it was a way of ending talk of and any investigations into the approach which was questioned at the time. I don’t know if this was true it may just have been that Man U felt generous at the time but that is no precedent of a tribune fee. My guess would be in the range £250K to £750 K but we will have to see.

Does anyone know when the tribunal will decide the fee?

My onl;y worry would ever be the legislative twats who still resent the way our club came out of administration.

If it were up to Walsall, we'd have to pay £10m probably!

If Williams was in contract at F****t would anyone pay £3M for him? No.
£500,000 tops I reckon :wink:

alex said:
My onl;y worry would ever be the legislative twats who still resent the way our club came out of administration.

If it were up to Walsall, we'd have to pay £10m probably!

The saving grace from this point of view is that Forest are not winning any friends by defaulting on their debts currently. They are either in big financial trouble or if as they say they easily have the money and are wilfully defaulting then I would think that would wind up the powers that be even more. Either way I don't think Forest will be viewed any more kindly by the powers that be than we are!

Blimey that is good to know Gloucs Fox...my in-laws and brother-in-law are in Gloucs! Lovely part of the world...

alex said:
Blimey that is good to know Gloucs Fox...my in-laws and brother-in-law are in Gloucs! Lovely part of the world...

Well they've got some nice weather today! I work in the one tall building in the centre of Cheltenham and have a nice view of the three sets of hills surrounding the town and a good view over the Cheltenham Cricket festival that is going on at the moment, even if Gloucestershire aren’t doing too well. The England Cricket lads are doing well though, thank goodness they have quietened the Assie on the next but one desk!

Absoilutely...gerrin!!!

Do you make it to the Walkers ok? what route do you use, i tell you why I ask, my brother-in-law comes now, but has to get two trains which is a bit dull!

Do you drive up?

alex said:
Absoilutely...gerrin!!!

Do you make it to the Walkers ok? what route do you use, i tell you why I ask, my brother-in-law comes now, but has to get two trains which is a bit dull!

Do you drive up?

I don't get as often as I like I often have to work on Saturdays but at least it on a computer so a Leicester City World subscription means I can get the commentary. Before coming down here I’d had a season ticket for 11 years so it was a bit of a shock not to be able to get to many games, in some ways more than the rest of the more! If I do go I use the M5, M42, M6, M69 route, usually quite quick.

nouse4anut said:
i reckon best way is A46, M69

Depends what you want, for me, the moterways are much quicker but if you enjoy driving the A46 is a "nicer" drive. During the summer the A46 can be murder with traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757