Gascoigne for manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Paul Gascoigne has decided to leave League Two club Boston United in order to further pursue a career in coaching.

The England midfielder joined the York Street club as a player-coach in the summer, but has failed make much of an impact with the club on the pitch.

There were reports following the club's Lincolnshire derby win over Scunthorpe United on Saturday that suggested the former Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Rangers star was going to walk away from The Pilgrims.

In an interview with Sky Sports News, Gascoigne expressed his desire to complete an intensive coaching course at Lilleshall in the near future.

"I've left Boston United Football Club," Gascoigne said.

"I've left on professional terms. I just think I needed to extend my career on the coaching side.

"I've shaken hands with the gaffer (Steve Evans) and I've shaken hands with the chairman (Jon Sotnick), and said bye-bye to the lads.

"I wanted to do more on the coaching side a bit with Boston, but now I've got an opportunity with (England coach) Sammy Lee coming up.

"Like I have said to Boston - and there are no hard feelings between me and Boston - I have left on professional reasons and hopefully, they can understand that."

Gascoigne added that he would not rule out an end to his playing days, but stressed he needed time to learn more about being the coaching world.

"On the playing side, I can still play a bit, there's no problem with that, I will just keep my fitness up," he added.

"But like I said, I want to be a top coach and I'll be going to speak to the top coaches around the country and learning a lot more about my (coaching) badge and management.

"I've been to a lot of Premiership clubs and have been given great advice from great managers.

"I'm willing to go anywhere in the country and learn and that's what I want to do.

"I think Paul Gascoigne two years ago would have run away to a bottle of drink, but now I don't do that.

"I've been very professional in what I've been doing and I will continue to be more professional as well."

LAYER CAKE
Win the ultimate driving experience with Layer Cake, released on October 1.

Fixtures
Results
Tables
Top Scorers

Owen confident of playing
Giggs reveals greatest wish
Gazza quits Boston
Beckham looking forward
Rooney wants titles
Lehmann's Bayern revelation

CROSSWORD
It's back - test your knowledge with this puzzle on Welsh internationals.
OPTA ANALYSIS
Chelsea have the worst chance conversion rate in The Premiership.
TV PICKS
The England under-19 side are 5/1 to beat their Czech counterparts 2-0.
PLANETFOOTBALL POSER
Try to win a signed Birmingham shirt by answering our tricky question.
MITRE COMPETITION
Win fabulous father and son goodies, courtesy of Mitre.

ignore the bottom bit, sorry

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would probably be more upset than ever before in my life if Paul 'Gazza' Gascoigne becomes our manager.

What complete twaddle.

The bottom bit was more interesting than the top bit

homer said:
The bottom bit was more interesting than the top bit

A leg man are you homer?

Not my type

I do love long legs, and I do love short slender legs

But I have to say I prefer something in between

Back to the subject matter ... maybe he should play for us instead of being manager, then he could step up to the big one next season ????

:wink: :wink:

if you believe that you will believe anything ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669