Confirmed Transfer George Hirst loaned to Blackburn & new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Talented forward George Hirst has signed a new deal with Leicester City ahead of a season-long loan move to Blackburn Rovers, subject to Football League clearance.

The 23-year-old, who spent the 2021/22 campaign on loan at Portsmouth, has extended his contract at King Power Stadium to 2025.

He netted 15 times in all competitions for Pompey last term, and will now further his development in the second tier with Jon Dahl Tomasson’s side.

A member of the Club’s Development Squad, Hirst has impressed for the Foxes in Premier League 2 in recent seasons, with his performances earning him a First Team debut against Tottenham Hotspur in July 2020.

His progress will now continue at Ewood Park, with Blackburn next in action this evening when they travel to Blackpool.

SSN saying Blackburn have an option to buy him but no mention of fee.

Knowing how our window has gone, we've probably agreed a fee of something like £3m and he'll go on and beat Mitrovic's scoring record now!

Blackburn seem to be playing well and have been improving over the last few seasons. They should be at the top end of the league this season.

Good luck to GH, it could be decent for all.

This sounds like a good move. It will be the first time he has played at Championship level and with a good team. I will follow his progress with great interest as he always seemed to me to be a player with great potential. Remember, we were willing the pay Sheff Weds 3m for him as a teenager.

At 23 years old I don't think he's the future, who remembers Heskey getting his debut for Leicester at QPR think he was 17...

Who remembers Vardy getting his debut? I think he was 25…
If Hirst hadn't been in Leicesters academy I'd agree with you but the fact he's 23 been at Leicester a while and is being loaned out suggests he's not good enough.
Unless we're getting him used to the championship for our promotion push next season

I think the Vardy came from nowhere / Mahrez cost tuppence / Homer thought Morgan was shit argument is starting to wear a bit thin now. We’re not looking in those places anymore.

At 23 years old I don't think he's the future, who remembers Heskey getting his debut for Leicester at QPR think he was 17...
He was 15. Wouldn’t play again for nearly 2 years. By my recollection his first proper moment was when he came on against Norwich.

I don't understand why we're renewing his contract tbh... Doesn't seem cut out to make it, and based on his previous loan moves I'd be surprised if he's going to be starting regularly for Blackburn.

Are we renewing just in case he has a blinding season and his value goes up enough to sell him next summer? Because it doesn't seem like there's been a queue of takers for him so far.

He was 15. Wouldn’t play again for nearly 2 years. By my recollection his first proper moment was when he came on against Norwich.
Progressing through their youth system, he made his first-team debut at the age of 17 while still a first-year trainee in a Premier League match against Queens Park Rangers on 8 March 1995.

According to Wiki…

I don't understand why we're renewing his contract tbh... Doesn't seem cut out to make it, and based on his previous loan moves I'd be surprised if he's going to be starting regularly for Blackburn.

Are we renewing just in case he has a blinding season and his value goes up enough to sell him next summer? Because it doesn't seem like there's been a queue of takers for him so far.

We're trying to monetise our development squad. Presumably, that's why we sign these failures from other clubs / non-league that are never going to play for us. We sign them for next to nothing and attempt to sell them for cash at some point.

It's a policy that relies upon us being good at spotting potential (we're not), good at developing rough diamonds (we're not) and good at maximising sales income (we're not).

We're trying to monetise our development squad. Presumably, that's why we sign these failures from other clubs / non-league that are never going to play for us. We sign them for next to nothing and attempt to sell them for cash at some point.

It's a policy that relies upon us being good at spotting potential (we're not), good at developing rough diamonds (we're not) and good at maximising sales income (we're not).
The sad thing is BN is that we were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265