Get real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

I'm reading a right load of shite 2b honest about how crap Dion Dublin is. He was outstanding against us at the BACK in the 5-0 debarcle. He would be a good div 1 striker or defender. Who do you honestly expect us to sign. We can't hold onto Dickov or Scimeca, let alone sign big names! Anyone expecting Thatcher to stay needs to wake up too. The club does take us for a ride at times but it appears most fall for the crap every time. Dickov's a 'little' sad to be leaving. Oh bless him! Yet we still think he's got Leicester at heart! What a load of bollocks. The players are simply custodians of the club, they come and go. They don't give a shit. Loyalty? No chance.

Good rant. Like yer style

However, my granny would have looked good against us that day, and she's dead

homer said:
Good rant. Like yer style

However, my granny would have looked good against us that day, and she's dead

homer how come you seem to post loads and your only one 230 posts? Are you posting belemic (spelling)

Ricey said:
Dublin has looked good for Villa in defence whenever I've seen him but I presume Micky would play him upfront.

Cracking cover for centre back though!

Malf said:
Dannyboy's transfer list. Come on let's have it.

Lol. I'd have Dublin. Freedman, Harley, a midfield 'digger' (Tiatto, Batty??), Bridges (but we won't get him), Hughes. They're not great players but what can we expect?

dannyboy said:
I'm reading a right load of shite 2b honest about how crap Dion Dublin is. He was outstanding against us at the BACK in the 5-0 debarcle. He would be a good div 1 striker or defender. Who do you honestly expect us to sign. We can't hold onto Dickov or Scimeca, let alone sign big names!

My main concern about Dublin is the fact that he's 35 I assume us being interested in him means that Ferdinand is unlikely to come back? I don't understand why Micky shifts a lot of older players who'd have probably been useful to us by saying he wants a new-look younger squad, then the first player he says he's interested in is thirty-five. Also there is my own cynicism at the timing of the announcement, Micky hardly ever says when he’s interested in a player, but suddenly when ST’s aren’t selling we’re getting things from him every day saying how great our squad is going to be. No doubt it'll all become clear, one way or the other.

Leigh said:
dannyboy said:
I'm reading a right load of shite 2b honest about how crap Dion Dublin is. He was outstanding against us at the BACK in the 5-0 debarcle. He would be a good div 1 striker or defender. Who do you honestly expect us to sign. We can't hold onto Dickov or Scimeca, let alone sign big names!

My main concern about Dublin is the fact that he's 35 I assume us being interested in him means that Ferdinand is unlikely to come back? I don't understand why Micky shifts a lot of older players who'd have probably been useful to us by saying he wants a new-look younger squad, then the first player he says he's interested in is thirty-five. Also there is my own cynicism at the timing of the announcement, Micky hardly ever says when he’s interested in a player, but suddenly when ST’s aren’t selling we’re getting things from him every day saying how great our squad is going to be. No doubt it'll all become clear, one way or the other.

I can't see Ferdinand coming back. Young people struggle to come back from knee ops let alone 'veterans'....

Leigh said:
dannyboy said:

Well said mate. I think by the sounds of it we are in advanced talks with numerous players it's just Dublin is the only name to have been let out of the bag, perhaps Adams doesn't want other clubs alerted to the other players he's in talks with.

dannyboy said:
Malf said:
Dannyboy's transfer list. Come on let's have it.

Lol. I'd have Dublin. Freedman, Harley, a midfield 'digger' (Tiatto, Batty??), Bridges (but we won't get him), Hughes. They're not great players but what can we expect?

We need better players than Freedman, we have got to suitably replace Dickov and Bent. Adams said this was his main priority, hence going after Novo. A young and quality player

I agree Danny, people here do need to get real a bit......

We have little/no chance IMO of getting Bridges/Hughes and the like, none.

I think Dublin would be ok, but to be honest only if we also sign Novo, and don't lose Bent.

alex said:

I think Dublin would be ok, but to be honest only if we also sign Novo, and don't lose Bent.

Alex, bruv all of these players are players we've been rumoured to be in talks with. These aren't names we've come up with saying we should sign them, so obviously Adams has still got alot of ambition

alex said:

Can't imagine there is any chance of keeping Marcus Bent - its really depressing when you read that Portsmouth have agreed to pay the asking fee for Thatcher -£100k!!!

What a joke our club is.

Malf said:
alex said:

Alex, bruv all of these players are players we've been rumoured to be in talks with. These aren't names we've come up with saying we should sign them, so obviously Adams has still got alot of ambition

Malf, sis, we can be 'linked' with anyone really...doesn't mean we will have much chance of getting them....of course we're going to be interested in Bridges, Hughes and Novo, but realistically they will probably go to a Premiership side.

Beware the Walkers grape vine, with season ticket sales at a low, propoganda won't be far away....

If the club think announcing the signing of Dion Dublin will sell season tickets, then they are more incompetent than even I think they are

It's an obvious ploy to sell season tickets. That slug Mace has probably put Micky up to it. Although I agree with what Leigh is saying to a certain extent, we still need to bring some experience in after releasing so many players. Although, the counter argument to that lies upon the fact that if we needed experience, we should have really kept a few of the players on like Freund or McKinlay for example.

I personally feel that Dublin would do a great job for us, but it really is contradicting what Micky has said.

alex said:
Malf said:
alex said:

Malf, sis, we can be 'linked' with anyone really...doesn't mean we will have much chance of getting them....of course we're going to be interested in Bridges, Hughes and Novo, but realistically they will probably go to a Premiership side.

Beware the Walkers grape vine, with season ticket sales at a low, propoganda won't be far away....

Law of averages mate, law of the fookin game. If we keep trying to sign quality players, at some point we will get one or two of them. Hughes agent says that he will consider dropping down a division if the club has ambition and the same desires as he has! We have, Adams loves Hughes aswell. This is the third time we've tried to get him, in ya get. Novo will want to move to a bigger club than Dundee, he'll also want first team football with the team he moves to as it's a stepping stone to bigger things. City could easily attract him, in ya get. Bridges, after a brutal few seasons out the game, the man is crying out for some regular football out of the limelight. Division one football with a sexy club in the midlands is perfect for him to get his career going again, in ya get.

Fancy a bet?

I'll give you £10 for the signatures of Hughes and £10 for Bridges if ya' like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757