Gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherhamfox

Ive been to two this week, blink 182 on monday at Nottingham, took em a few songs to get going, but were decent in the end, and on friday i saw the Manics at the M.E.N, with Razorlight as their supports, it was a great gig, james the lead singer of the manics even had flu but was amazing. Razorlight were also really good, just the lead singer is a toss piece, who else has been to some gigs recently? One's i have coming up now are Velvet Revolver, Feeder and Oasis.

ScarboroughFox said:
I was going to see status quo in scarborough on wednesday but they cancelled because Mr. Rossi is ill!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

It will now be on Jan 23rd! :D :p 8)

How could you be disappointed that a quo concert was cancelled, its more like a god send.

eminem, june 2003, MK bowl.
:oops:

I used to go to 2 or 3 gigs a month when I lived in Liverpool but don't get to any now,saying that I might venture to Dundee in March to see The Wedding Present if the snow has gone by then.I much prefer the smaller venues so Glasgow is out really plus its as Rough as a bears arse down there.Embrace played Inverness a month or so ago but I didn't bother the guy as a piss awful voice live.

I've read that Doves are touring in the New Year,I'd recommend them. I've seen them three times brilliant every time,a Class band apparently their new album is meant to be awesome.Half of it was recorded near here didn't invite me to 'Guest' on it though...

highland fox said:
I've read that Doves are touring in the New Year,I'd recommend them. I've seen them three times brilliant every time,a Class band apparently their new album is meant to be awesome.Half of it was recorded near here didn't invite me to 'Guest' on it though...

Saw them at the Charlotte a few years back. Thought they were boring. Someone lent me there first album not long after and they are now one of my favourite bands ever. Just goes to prove that you should never judge a band on seeing them at the Charlotte!!

Can't wait for the new stuff, some of the last album was the kind of thing you play on a long journey, look down at the speedo and realise you are well over the speed limit.

rotherhamfox said:
Ive been to two this week, blink 182 on monday at Nottingham, took em a few songs to get going, but were decent in the end, and on friday i saw the Manics at the M.E.N, with Razorlight as their supports, it was a great gig, james the lead singer of the manics even had flu but was amazing. Razorlight were also really good, just the lead singer is a toss piece, who else has been to some gigs recently? One's i have coming up now are Velvet Revolver, Feeder and Oasis.

Saw the same gig at No******ham just before Christmas. I was also surprised by Razorlight. One of the best support bands I have seen for years.

Manics live...There will only ever be one review. Superb

The manics sang You Love Us and dedicated it to Brian Clough. Typical Dissilusioned For**t Fvckwit stuck in a timewarp. In fact they are in time warp. They can only live past and present. They have NO future.

I'm off to see Jack Dee in Newcastle in March - should be funny.

As for music, well let's see - Doves, British Sea Power, Kaiser Chiefs, Walkmen, Interpol. I'd be pleased to see any of these.

Going to the NME Tour on Sunday, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, The Futureheads and The Killers on the bill. Should be good!

Going to see The Editors, The Bravery & The rakes soon as well.

what was everyone's first ever proper gig. i don't mean watching your brother play bass at the school variety show either.

all dayer at mk bowl in the early 80's for me
Teardrop explodes then Heart, then Joan Jett & the Blackhearts finishing with Queen, hot space tour. what a day. :lol: :p

Mine Mk was Top of the Pops live, was shite as you would expect, but got to see Rachel Stevens when she was a member of S Club, looking innocently sexual.

The first gig I can remember going to was seeing The Pogues, if I'm not mistaken Shane was taken to hospital after drinking a couple of bottles of whiskey.

Stiff Little Fingers at The Poly (as it was then) then The Jam at The De Mont.

Mine was Stiff Little Fingers At Erics in Liverpool Feb 79. Erics used to do a 'Matinee' show on Saturdays for under 18's for 50p I think!
I saw the Undertones and Sizzenergi (supported by Mick Hucknell) there during 1979. Ahh the memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263