Gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember!
Maybe it was some gig at the shed but no idea who played.
First I can remember was Reading Festival 1998 but am sure I went to a gig before then. I'll think.

Everyone remembers their first gig

You're just covering up the fact that it was Steps, and you put your hand out to rub H's leg

Admit it

homer said:
Everyone remembers their first gig

You're just covering up the fact that it was Steps, and you put your hand out to rub H's leg

Admit it

No way man, I'm not admitting that. It must have been Reading 1998 and the first band I saw was either Mansun or Symposium. There.

webmaster said:
I think mine was OMD at Loughborough Uni, 1985ish.

:lol:

Trust Web-yo to see Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. HAHAHAHA! :lol:

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
webmaster said:
I think mine was OMD at Loughborough Uni, 1985ish.

:lol:

Trust Web-yo to see Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. HAHAHAHA! :lol:

But that was before they became crap!

I didn't say anything about the quality, I can just imagine you jiving to a bit of OMD webster, classic imagery that.

Dunc said:
Going to the NME Tour on Sunday, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, The Futureheads and The Killers on the bill. Should be good!

Good show Dunc or what?

Are the Futureheads gonna be 2005s answer to Franz Ferdinand?
Sound like a top night

First gig - Showaddywaddy at the DeMont when I was about six :oops: :roll: :wink:

Last gig - I'm well off the beaten track for decent music out here in the desert (no problems seeing a bunch of old toss though, like country, bluegrass, and, in a Tommy Vance voice, "soft rock") but for some reason Tucson seems to be on the list for reggae bands. Recently I've seen Steel Pulse and Toots and the Maytals (both fantastic!).

Last gig in the UK was either Leftfield in Nottingham or Orbital in London - both exceptional.

For a bit of culture, like, last night I went to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Very good.

I like culture, me, innit? :roll: :p

DesertFox said:
F

Last gig in the UK was either Leftfield in Nottingham or Orbital in London - both exceptional.

For a bit of culture, like, last night I went to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Very good.

Saw these at Glasto last year and their set was dead short. I like the Dr Who song though.

Joe_Fox said:
DesertFox said:
F

Saw these at Glasto last year and their set was dead short. I like the Dr Who song though.

Was it Orbital who did Satan? Quality tune.

LS6_Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:
DesertFox said:
F

Was it Orbital who did Satan? Quality tune.

Yes, and the box, great track that.

I've seen Orbital about ten times over the years in a variety of settings. Never saw them at Glasto sadly - I only went once, which was 1990, the year before they first played I think. They sadly turned into a bit of a parody of themselves in latter years, trying to recreate the style they had in the early years, and ending up sounding a bit cheesy. In the middle of all this they did produce one of their very best though - Nothing Left. But they were always brilliant live. In my opinion they were at their best around 1993-6 when they were, by far, my favourite band. I think they called it a day in 2004 (but I'm soooo out of touch in the land of the slide guitar and bandana...)

Anonymous said:
I've seen Orbital about ten times over the years in a variety of settings. Never saw them at Glasto sadly - I only went once, which was 1990, the year before they first played I think. They sadly turned into a bit of a parody of themselves in latter years, trying to recreate the style they had in the early years, and ending up sounding a bit cheesy. In the middle of all this they did produce one of their very best though - Nothing Left. But they were always brilliant live. In my opinion they were at their best around 1993-6 when they were, by far, my favourite band. I think they called it a day in 2004 (but I'm soooo out of touch in the land of the slide guitar and bandana...)

They said Glasto 2004 was their last gig and then played elsewhere which kind of pissed my off for some reason. I think they are still going, collecting their pay cheques etc. Some cracking stuff but a bit long in the tooth now.

Saw 'em at Glasters about ten years ago - E'd of my face and whizzing my tits off

One of the best sets I've ever seen

That was me out here in Tucson, by the way. Don't know why I was a guest.... do I get a complimentary drink and nibbles or something? :p

No, but I'm fully prepared to eat too much, stay too late and leave a well concealed cigarette burn in the sofa :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363