gillespie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

i think he might finally come good, hes got ability, hes got enormous pace and just needs a manager who will do a combination of giving him the confidence he needs to perform and giving him a kick up the erse when necessary, i think levein might have those qualities. if gillespie even plays to anywhere near the standard he showed a few seasons ago he could tear defences in this division apart.

For Me Gillespie is at his best when he beats his man gets to the byline and puts over a cross,he never seems to do this for us.Wether that is because he as been told not to I don't know but now under Levein I eaxpect that to be his orders,he's the only right winger we have so I think he will get a 'run' in the side now.The 'coin in is in the air 'for me regarding Gillespie he's now got his chance I really want him to take it.

highland fox said:
For Me Gillespie is at his best when he beats his man gets to the byline and puts over a

He did that several times at Crewe. Unfortunately all his crosses were crap. He took all the corners too, and some free kicks from wide positions, and they were mostly crap too.

Apart from his crossing the rest of his game was pretty good, and he put in more effort than we've seen from him previously, so I'd persevere with him for a bit longer.

From dead balls Jordy seems to do a good job, better than anyone else in our team.

Fox Fan said:
From dead balls Jordy seems to do a good job, better than anyone else in our team.

He takes better corners than most of our players, but the Jordan haters won't admit that he's any good at anything.
Unfortunately it seems that most Leicester fans always need at least one player to hate, and at the moment it's Jordan Stewart's turn. He's not as bad as a lot of people say he is, but some people are so blinkered they won't allow themselves to admit it.

An example at Crewe. Jordan went on a run, then virtually tripped over the ball as he tried to get past a player, and ended up losing the ball. Cue loads of abuse from Leicester fans. A few minutes later Connolly did the same thing, but he didn't get booed, he was 'unlucky'.

I'm all for letting players know if they're not trying, but players who are putting in the effort and just having bad games should be encouraged.
Confidence can make the difference between a bad player and a good one.

webmaster said:
Fox Fan said:

He takes better corners than most of our players, but the Jordan haters won't admit that he's any good at anything.
Unfortunately it seems that most Leicester fans always need at least one player to hate, and at the moment it's Jordan Stewart's turn. He's not as bad as a lot of people say he is, but some people are so blinkered they won't allow themselves to admit it.

An example at Crewe. Jordan went on a run, then virtually tripped over the ball as he tried to get past a player, and ended up losing the ball. Cue loads of abuse from Leicester fans. A few minutes later Connolly did the same thing, but he didn't get booed, he was 'unlucky'.

I'm all for letting players know if they're not trying, but players who are putting in the effort and just having bad games should be encouraged.

Totally Agree, its the one thing that really gets me about our fans!

I think Jordan Stewart is very much a confidence player,the more abuse he gets the worse he plays.He seems to play better away from The Walkers coincidence? I'd always have him in the squad,if not from the start then on the bench.

Yeah Stewart can play & has plenty of potential but boy I seen him trip over that ball on many occasions.

When watching Stewart (in the games I have seen, most on telly now) he's one of them players that you never know what your gonna get. He's scored some wicked goals from the edge of the box when coming in on a diagnal run (Arne Riise style). Other days he's non existant & the only time he gets the ball he either gets it stuck in between his legs or trips over it.

I think Gillespie & Stewart neededed a new start with a new manager that could help them gain more confidence & like you say kick them up the arse (cos they need it). They should deffinately be given more time now CL is here & the fans should keep off their backs. I don't like to see that with any player because they wont improve in that situation.

For me this is last chance saloon for Gillespie, he now needs to knuckle down, rid himself of these demons that keep making him press the self destruct button, but cast your mind back to when Gillespie burst onto the scene when at United, he was superb what a player but that was because Ferguson kept him on the straight and narrow.

Now in CL we have someone who IMO is very similar to Alex Ferguson in the way he manages, this could be the best appointment in terms of Keith Gillespie's career. If he can sort himself out and CL gets him back to somewhere near his best then we will have the best winger in the championship by a country mile. If he fails then I am afraid it will no doubt be the end of Keith Gillespie as a footballer in the higher eschalons of English football.

Under MA city as a team never seem to get to the by-line and whip the ball back. Players such as gillespie and stewart are ideal at this and could be much more dangerous if encouraged to do it.

from some insider knowledge apparently alan cork had it in for gillespie and used to humiliate him in training-knocking the confidence out of him. maybe he will get back to some decent form now he's gone, but personally i can't see it happening- i don't think his spirit is in the game anymore.

webmaster said:
Fox Fan said:

Spot on Webby. The blokes who sit in front of me really have it in for him. He's is a frustrating player to watch because you know the special things he can do but they aren't going to come off as often as we would like. How much more skill has Jordan got compared to someone like Impey who most of our fans seemed like?

Saw Gillespie against Cov and he did an important job. Not only did he feature in two of the goals but he was always the out ball, the player team mates could turn to when they were in trouble or to re-start attacks.

He got a lot of possession and Levein seems to have neatralised his sleepy moments by making sure he does most of his work in the attacking half.

On top of that his corners were accurate and deep enough to give people like Heath a real chance of scoring (which he did).

The width created by Gillespie/Canero and Stewart/Tiattto created enough space for central strikes. Very effective.

I thought he did ok, his final ball was a little disappointing overall, but to be fair I think he is probably still rusty and also looks to be lacking in confidence. Needs to be given a decent run now, to help regain the confidence then I think we will see a real dangerous player.

Tony Elsby said:
The width created by Gillespie/Canero and Stewart/Tiattto created enough space for central strikes. Very effective.

Agreed and the comments about Gillespie. All we need is Scowcroft and Connolly to join in. :wink:

Gillespie has had more time on the ball in the last six days than he's had for years.
His confidence seems to be coming back and when he starts getting the crosses right He'll prob make the starting line up most games. It's said that CL doesn't much go for the older players but Gillespie could be very important.
I (like most of us) wouldn't have thought that five weeks ago.

Orifice said:
Gillespie has had more time on the ball in the last six days than he's had for years.
His confidence seems to be coming back and when he starts getting the crosses right He'll prob make the starting line up most games. It's said that CL doesn't much go for the older players but Gillespie could be very important.
I (like most of us) wouldn't have thought that five weeks ago.

Don't know Levein personally but he's had enough success to know that teams need a balance of youth and experience.

Can't imagine him having any time for journeymen who've lost their enthuasiasm (you've only got to note some of the names missing from his teams) but I imagine he'd play Old Father Time if he still loved the game like a nipper and remained capable and effective in his job.

Old or young he'll want people with loyalty to himself and each other, bravery, respect, commitment and skill but I suspect he'll also want people with brains, adaptability and a desire to keep improving their weaknesses.

A demanding man, hard but fair is the way he strikes me. What a journey we could be starting. And Gillespie already seems to be benefitting which is damn good news for City.

Its the best I have seen Gillespie play at city, he worked hard all match, went that extra half a yard to get the ball and contributed well. The anti gillespie gang around me started to compliment him today.

Not just Gillespie, best I've seen Stewart play for.... well ever perhaps. Certainly since his initial 10 games under Taylor.

I'm not his biggest fan but if he plays like that I'll admit I was wrong about him

highland fox said:
I think Jordan Stewart is very much a confidence player,the more abuse he gets the worse he plays.He seems to play better away from The Walkers coincidence? I'd always have him in the squad,if not from the start then on the bench.

So true - and with confidence he can fly IMO, anyone at Man City last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757