Pre Match Gillingham v Leicester - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be one of those matches where Nacho scores 2, looks brilliant, and hopefully forces Rodgers to play him.

Be one of those matches where Nacho scores 2, looks brilliant, and hopefully forces Rodgers to play him.
We have to use this match, and the Newcastle one, to try and find some way of squeezing something new from this squad, and that probably needs to involve hoping Nacho find his 2020 form.

We’re not getting any new players for weeks, are we?

Ressies and kids

Wouldn’t play a probable first teamer in this at all

These are the lowest scorers in English football.

7 goals all season

Based on how we approached this contest last season as the holders we should probably play the womens teams in this one.

Play full strength. Win well. Confidence is key.

Play full strength. Win well. Confidence is key.
Our players are all either unfit or injured

We have a quarter final a few days later and then Forest in a relegation scrap.

Play the backroom staff

Any 3 from the current bottom 8 are going to go down. We're all equally terrible teams. Nobody has lost more games than us.

Those odds will worsen if we continue to haemorrhage players to injury. I agree with comments that we're just not fit. The squad haven't been fit enough since preseason 2020. These injuries are now endemic to whatever it is we do, or don't do, to our players.

For the sake of the club, we need to focus everything on winning at least six PL games and retaining our league place. Pretending that will be easy is arrogant and ignorant.

**** the cups.

Any 3 from the current bottom 8 are going to go down. We're all equally terrible teams. Nobody has lost more games than us.

Those odds will worsen if we continue to haemorrhage players to injury. I agree with comments that we're just not fit. The squad haven't been fit enough since preseason 2020. These injuries are now endemic to whatever it is we do, or don't do, to our players.

For the sake of the club, we need to focus everything on winning at least six PL games and retaining our league place. Pretending that will be easy is arrogant and ignorant.

**** the cups.

Yep, all of this. Our home games over the next month or so really don't look very winnable. Going to be a tough task to get out of the mess we've opted for.

**** the cups.
Going by the last 3 league games with a combination of player errors players playing well below potential and a Manager that is tactically clueless its hard to see where any points are coming from.
We are so far away from pre world cup form it's frightening.

We don't have the luxury of going for a cup run now this season.

We've progressed in the League Cup, so need to prioritise that over this. But the league has to be our priority.

But unfortunately, no manager will ever just fully play the kids, which is what we should do here. And we don't have a big enough available squad to rotate everyone - but we need to rest key players as a minimum and then others where we can.

Any kind of first team we play against Gillingham should have enough to win, I just hope we at least load the bench with academy players.

I think most of our current first team are of dire need of playing time, due to lack of use throughout the season and the world cup break, to get anywhere near their potential playing ability.

The only players I would consider resting are Tielemans and Castagne, everyone else would benefit from another game, especially if they gain some confidence from playing a lower league team.

Dewsbury-Hall and Soumare are unavailable.

Praet and Daka being assessed.

Maddison will be reassessed next week.

Dewsbury-Hall and Soumare are unavailable.

Praet and Daka being assessed.

Maddison will be reassessed next week.
****ing hell I might get a game at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263