Goalkeeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Shaka Hislop was left off the bench at Pompey today; not sure what wage he's thinking he may command, but a great cover for Walks IMO.

I can't believe the situation at Pompey with the Keepers. Ashdown is a prospect, but not the finished article. That Greek guy is awful where as Hislop is a very solid and depenable keeper.

I'd be amazed if Perrin doesn't soon realise Hislop should be in the squad at least!

I thought of Hislop if Walker was to leave,couldn't seen him coming here to be a Reserve though.

He hardly fits in with CL's idea of bringing in hungry, up-and-coming youngsters...

To quote CL... "We are looking for players on the way up. It may be that we sign a player from the Premier League on the way down but that would be very selective..."

Not gonna happen... What about Hirschfeld? Has anyone seen him play or know what the deal is with him?

But CL admitted an interest in Rab Douglas and he can't be a lot younger than Hislop.I don't think the 'Younger Player' thing matters so much when it comes to Keepers.It's only an idea though and will probably never happen.

londonfox said:
He hardly fits in with CL's idea of bringing in hungry, up-and-coming youngsters...

To quote CL... "We are looking for players on the way up. It may be that we sign a player from the Premier League on the way down but that would be very selective..."

Not gonna happen... What about Hirschfeld? Has anyone seen him play or know what the deal is with him?

I think that leaves the door open for any player CL believes would do a good job. Not sure about Hirschfield at all however, so perhaps I'm being a bit quick to judge.

londonfox said:

Basically he is not good enough to push Walker, but better than Conrad Logan or no one on the bench, so he is here... I doubt he will play for us ever, he is simply not good enough, I think CL should or probably will find someone else as cover to Walker or sign 2 keepers if Walker decided to leave.

londonfox said:

CL had him on trial for hearts, and wasnt good enough apparently, so i dont know why he brought him here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757