Good News? McAteer not coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMC Fox said:
Last minute hitch apparently... Maybe Micky realised he was shite! :lol:

I feel sorry for McAteer, for although I am not sure about him as a player anymore, he should get every chance to ply his trade. I also feel sorry for MA, for although I might not have agreed with him about his choice of player, it just makes his job more difficult. :wink:

Sunderland Council wouldn't switch the remaining months on his bus pass over to Leicester City Council apparently.

EMC Fox said:
Ian said:
EMC Fox said:

Where have you heard this? It isn't posted anywhere.
If it is true what was the problem?

oh it's only on the official website - that may not be a reliable source though - maybe Craig's mate can confirm? :lol: :lol:

oops, sorry EMC my apologies!
Thought he would do a job but not really bothered either way. A shame for Micky happening so late in the day especially after he had hoped to get most of the new players in early doors to help pre-season.

McAteer

MA said he beat off a lot of competion for him. It will be interesting to see who is willing to pay him more than us.....dont get caught in the rush...not!!

Re: McAteer

dpjfox said:
MA said he beat off a lot of competion for him. It will be interesting to see who is willing to pay him more than us.....dont get caught in the rush...not!!

Sorry lads. I cant get on that site. Why has it collapsed??

McAteer Deal Collapses

Jason McAteer's proposed move to Leicester City has today (Tuesday) fallen through.

The former Sunderland captain arrived in Leicester yesterday to finalise terms on a one-year contract.

But the club and the 33-year-old Republic of Ireland international were not able to agree a deal.

Manager Micky Adams said: "It is disappointing that we have not been able to conclude a deal. Unfortunately, there was a last-minute hitch and sometimes these things happen in football."

Adams will now turn up his search to bring in more new faces to strengthen his squad with the Foxes now in the second week of pre-season training.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~537754,00.html

Leigh said:
McAteer Deal Collapses

Jason McAteer's proposed move to Leicester City has today (Tuesday) fallen through.

The former Sunderland captain arrived in Leicester yesterday to finalise terms on a one-year contract.

But the club and the 33-year-old Republic of Ireland international were not able to agree a deal.

Manager Micky Adams said: "It is disappointing that we have not been able to conclude a deal. Unfortunately, there was a last-minute hitch and sometimes these things happen in football."

Adams will now turn up his search to bring in more new faces to strengthen his squad with the Foxes now in the second week of pre-season training.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~537754,00.html

I thank you

Ian said:
EMC Fox said:

Where have you heard this? It isn't posted anywhere.
If it is true what was the problem?

Look at the top of the Leicester forum with all the links mate. That is the first thing i look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757