Good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

As you may or may not know I follow cricket from a distance and dont pretned to be as big a fan as many on here but is this good or bad news? Do we really need him. Could be good for a solid half century but he wasnt that great at them before the injury was he?

What do you reckon?

vaughan back for boxing day test....

As you may or may not know I follow cricket from a distance and dont pretned to be as big a fan as many on here but is this good or bad news? Do we really need him. Could be good for a solid half century but he wasnt that great at them before the injury was he?

What do you reckon?

vaughan back for boxing day test....

Provided he comes back welll and form from the Academy matches I have no probelm. He's a decent captain to boot.

Freddie would stay as Captain but it would be good for Vaughan to offer his experience

Freddie would stay as Captain
I doubt it. Vaughan is still the England captain and its always been made quite clear that Fred was a stand-in and not the full time skipper.

I would risk playing Mick. Best captain in the world, Strauss isn't too bad but too defensive while Flintoff seems to be quite poor from what I've seen :(

Don't forget that although he hasn't been in great form with the bat in the past few years, the last time he was in australia he scored all those runs. I'd open with him, drop cook to three and leave Bell out.

Last edited:
Out for a duck after only seven balls :icon_roll

I sounds like the bowling was sound for the Academy but what about the batting?

Western Australia were restricted to 218 in their innings, but that was soon put into context by England's woeful reply. The Academy side - from whom all further replacements for the Ashes series will be drawn - slumped to a woeful 5 for 12. Vaughan himself was caught behind by Christian Moir off the 29-year-old swing bowler, Darren Wates, a man who managed just four wickets in six matches in the Pura Cup last season.

I doubt it. Vaughan is still the England captain and its always been made quite clear that Fred was a stand-in and not the full time skipper.

I would risk playing Mick. Best captain in the world, Strauss isn't too bad but too defensive while Flintoff seems to be quite poor from what I've seen :(

Don't forget that although he hasn't been in great form with the bat in the past few years, the last time he was in australia he scored all those runs. I'd open with him, drop cook to three and leave Bell out.

Im sure i heard on the radio that Flintoff had been made captain for the whole series and would remain captain even IF Vaughan returned. :icon_wink

For those that can remember:icon_roll Mike Brearley was pretty much a waste of space in Englands batting line-up, but his captaincy helped us win the Ashes in the ' Botham ' series. Also Freddie looks like he's got too much to handle and like Botham he may far better just playing rather than having the worry of captaincy as well. Imo if they can roll vaughan out onto the pitch then they should do it.

For those that can remember:icon_roll Mike Brearley was pretty much a waste of space in Englands batting line-up, but his captaincy helped us win the Ashes in the ' Botham ' series. Also Freddie looks like he's got too much to handle and like Botham he may far better just playing rather than having the worry of captaincy as well. Imo if they can roll vaughan out onto the pitch then they should do it.

100% spot on BB :038: :038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00