Confirmed Transfer Gray gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it ready “finally got a chance” which has so much irony in it it would be rude to detail it out.

mid that’s what he means he is an even bigger twat than I thought.

Gray is one of those ultra christian weirdos.

Every time he farts, he thanks jesus for it. He'll probably look upon his time with us as an endurance challenge set by god.

There seems to be a number of footballers that praise their lord when scoring. I don't want to judge but I would have thought any deity would have greater concerns than goals in football matches... but whatever, as they say.

Point is, it strikes me more as just 'what you do' than any religious belief. I find the whole 'praise be' goal celebration - of whatever flavour - slightly silly. The one that really bugs me (and I recall Lampard used it) is the 'two fingers skywards, look to the sky' celebration. Seriously guys, God really has got better things to do - even if he (ediit: sorry, she,they,?)... doesn't exist (ooh, contentious)

Last edited:
There seems to be a number of footballers that praise their lord when scoring. I don't want to judge but I would have thought any deity would have greater concerns than goals in football matches... but whatever, as they say.

Point is, it strikes me more as just 'what you do' than any religious belief. I find the whole 'praise be' goal celebration - of whatever flavour - slightly silly. The one that really bugs me (and I recall Lampard used it) is the 'two fingers skywards, look to the sky' celebration. Seriously guys, God really has got better things to do - even if he (ediit: sorry, she,they,?)... doesn't exist (ooh, contentious)

Lampard did it when his mum died- he was dedicating his goals to her

Gray is one of those ultra christian weirdos.

Every time he farts, he thanks jesus for it. He'll probably look upon his time with us as an endurance challenge set by god.
Maybe it's confirmation bias but it does feel like a disproportionate amount of footballers are quite dedicated Christians. Gray and Iheanacho both leaning that way. Wilf too I think.

Come to think of it is it a Nigerian thing? (I know Gray is not Nigerian)

Maybe it's confirmation bias but it does feel like a disproportionate amount of footballers are quite dedicated Christians. Gray and Iheanacho both leaning that way. Wilf too I think.

Come to think of it is it a Nigerian thing? (I know Gray is not Nigerian)
Nowt to do with being a Christian or owt but loads of footballers seem to have little superstitious habits that they like making a big show of. Kissing tattoos, kissing wedding rings, hopping on one foot like a twat when they cross the touchline onto the pitch.

Bit harsh on Lampard.

He and many others do it as a respect to lost loved ones.

and again

what
This was in response to another thread where it was suggested that black players are referred to differently than white ones.

It suggested a media bias towards white players who are generally referred to using adjectives such as intelligent whereas black players given or attributed adjectives based on physicality.

I hope that has helped you BM.

This was in response to another thread where it was suggested that black players are referred to differently than white ones.

It suggested a media bias towards white players who are generally referred to using adjectives such as intelligent whereas black players given or attributed adjectives based on physicality.

I hope that has helped you BM.
don’t make me what you again

Bit harsh on Lampard.

He and many others do it as a respect to lost loved ones.

It's not meant to be harsh on him or anyone else though people are obviously free to interpret my response as they will, I'd expect that. It might well be as a remark of respect to lost loved ones, and I'm not trying to trivialise their loss in the slightest, it's just I personally find the act a bit of a charade. I guess I would grieve a little less publically. Plus, I have to say, it's only a goal in a football match. If I were a departed loved one looking down, I'd kinda hope I was worth more than that to someone. But, as they say, ymmv - and I both realise and accept that.

Gray said today that he wasn't offered a new contract by the club and it was made clear he could leave.

In other news, the sky's blue and water is wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757