Guinness Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Anyone else tried it yet ?? I had a pint last night, thought it was awful.

Never heard of it, what's the difference to normal Guiness?

The obvious being it's red (ish) in colour. Guinness say it's smoother and sweeter. I agree with the sweetness, but I thought it was far from smooth.

According to the Guinness website, in the Leicestershire area you can only purchase it at:

The Cherry Tree, Melton Mowbray
Unicorn, Loughborough
O'Neills, Leicester City Centre
Dry Dock, Leicester

I'm sure it was available in nearly every pub I went to last night.

The obvious being it's red (ish) in colour. Guinness say it's smoother and sweeter. I agree with the sweetness, but I thought it was far from smooth.

So in a nutshell Guinness with food colouring and added sugar :102:

Think i'll stick to normal Guinness.

It's not a new thing is it? I'm sure I remember something about red guinness from years ago.

Last edited:
It's not a new thing is it? I'm sure I remember something about red guinness from years ago.

Me too, its more widespread this time though. I Remember hearing about it but couldn't find it anywhere.

you can just imagine the trendy-mullet twats in Diageo Marketing coming up with this new idea to rob the punter

:098:

you can just imagine the trendy-mullet twats in Diageo Marketing coming up with this new idea to rob the punter

Please tell me mullets aren't trendy? Surely to **** they've never been trendy?

Macky have you ever tried Guinness North Star (i think thats what its called)

Guinness North Star was part of a brewing series that Guinness first launched back in October 2005. North Star was launched about 12 months ago. I had it when I was in Dublin back in May. It wasn't all that different if I am honest.

I have also tried Guinness Brew 39 which was the first to be launched of the brewing series. This was much nicer than normal Guinness IMO. It was smoother, and seemed to disappear quicker :icon_bigg

There is also Guinness Toucan Brew - I haven't tried this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48