Guppy- Do we Want Him?

Do you think we should get Guppy?

• No, Go to Wigan and send us Rogers back!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guppy was feckin shite the first time he was here... why would we want him back? If he was a horse he would of been shot by now!

He wasn't shite - he was the best crosser of the ball we have had in ages!
And that goal against Spurs, well if that's being crap then bring it on!

Joe_Fox said:
He wasn't shite - he was the best crosser of the ball we have had in ages!
And that goal against Spurs, well if that's being crap then bring it on!

Joe, he was crap for the last two years he was at City and he was so incosistent his whole time he was here. Yes he was a good crosser, but he couldn't beat a man which is whats needed when your a winger, plus we've got no-one who can beat a man and we desperately need someone. He can't tackle and when he played wing back he got confused on breaking forward.

i never believe in bringing players back i think its a step back and we should move forward.yes he could cross a ball and yes he played for england but you cant bring back moments in time (if you could i'd have long hair down to me arse a 28inch waist,flares,and 3 birds on the go)
move on its a new era

lazzer said:
i never believe in bringing players back i think its a step back and we should move forward.yes he could cross a ball and yes he played for england but you cant bring back moments in time (if you could i'd have long hair down to me arse a 28inch waist,flares,and 3 birds on the go)
move on its a new era

Beautifully written you are a genius my friend.

You'd have long hair down to your arse? How strange.

rephrase please - that has muddled me.

lazzer said:
Joe_Fox said:
You'd have long hair down to your arse? How strange.

not when i was your age it wasnt

So you weren't strange when you were my age, but you are now?

I am, I haven't been bowling since a horrid affair at the Mega bowl. Nasty place that is. No glove yet though.

Malf said:
Yes he was a good crosser, but he couldn't beat a man which is whats needed when your a winger, plus we've got no-one who can beat a man and we desperately need someone.

Guppy proved that you don't have to beat a man to get a good cross in, he has (had?) the ability to make enough space to curl a decent cross past the full back without going past him. David Beckham does the same thing, he puts quality balls in without getting past defenders.

I think Guppy has had a lot of injury problems in Scotland, and Alan Thompson has been playing so well he's not had a chance to get into the team.

I'm not sure if he would be good enough for the premiership any more, but we desperately need someone who can cross the ball for Les. Our crossing this season has been dire from both wings, we rely on Muzzy for crosses, usually from dead balls, we need someone who can do it from open play so there's no harm giving Guppy a try. Maybe we could take him on a one month loan initially, so it's not much of a risk if he turns out not to be good enough.

webmaster said:
Malf said:
Yes he was a good crosser, but he couldn't beat a man which is whats needed when your a winger, plus we've got no-one who can beat a man and we desperately need someone.

Guppy proved that you don't have to beat a man to get a good cross in, he has (had?) the ability to make enough space to curl a decent cross past the full back without going past him. David Beckham does the same thing, he puts quality balls in without getting past defenders.

I think Guppy has had a lot of injury problems in Scotland, and Alan Thompson has been playing so well he's not had a chance to get into the team.

I'm not sure if he would be good enough for the premiership any more, but we desperately need someone who can cross the ball for Les. Our crossing this season has been dire from both wings, we rely on Muzzy for crosses, usually from dead balls, we need someone who can do it from open play so there's no harm giving Guppy a try. Maybe we could take him on a one month loan initially, so it's not much of a risk if he turns out not to be good enough.
I was waiting for webbo to air his views and well said that man! I agree actually to a certain extent, if we do give him a chance it should be on a month's loan at first and see as i'm abit sceptical.

Malf said:
I was waiting for webbo to air his views and well said that man! I agree actually to a certain extent, if we do give him a chance it should be on a month's loan at first and see as i'm abit sceptical.

Malf said:
I can guarantee 100% that Guppy & Barton won't be good signings for us, just a waste of space and money.

hypocrite
:wink:

MKFox said:
Malf said:

Malf said:
I can guarantee 100% that Guppy & Barton won't be good signings for us, just a waste of space and money.

hypocrite
:wink:

I can guarantee that Guppy won't better our team, but as Webbo said we have nobody who can swing regular crosses in for Les and co. Guppy might still be able to do this, but chances are he'd still play shit in games other than lob the odd ball in the box. If we are gonna give him a chance i'd go with the one month trick and see.

Not being a hypocrit, I know he's shit but we need a crosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757