half the wage bill just 4 players wages??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

on another post someone said half the wage bill now was just 4 players wages? does anyone know if this is true and if so who they are? i assume elliot and walker would be two of them.

Elliot is on something like 32,000 pounds a week. Walker isn't far off that though I don't know exact figures. Benjamin is on a lot of money as is Scowcroft. Those are the very big wage earners at our club, and I think you would struggle to find players paid this highly in a lot of premiership clubs. It is shocking, but the bright side is that come the summer time these contracts expire and we will have the same budget (because of the parachute payments) that we had at the start of this year. This means we can bring in some decent younger hungrier players!

People use to go on about player loyalty, they weren't loyal just extremely lucky by being given stupid contracts.

If these players had cared about the club they would have ripped up the contracts and agreed a lower wage, it's not like they need the money!

if you were being paid 20,000 a week and your employer came up to you and said the companies struggling, can we pay you 10,000 grand a week instead what would you say?

If you'd been earning 30 - 40 grand a week for a few years these so called loyal players should say yes

Lots of workers in recent years earning far less have taken wage cuts to remain in employment.

yeh but they didnt have the luxury of knowing that they couldnt be gotten rid off without a massive pay off or without another employer coming in to get them. basically i wish it was different but player loyalty seems to be a thing of the past and football is dominated by greed so yeh in an ideal world theyd take pay cuts but you cant realistically expect them to. also they could argue that they came to the club or signed new contracts on the basis that they would be paid what they are getting, no one forced the club to pay them those wages so in that respect the players have no obligation to take a pay cut

i've said before that a contract is there to protect both parties, like country fox said if we were stupid enough to offer it, the players would be insane not to accept it.
To even things up, heskey was under contract, which is why we got £11m for him...

Wasn't it Peter Taylor who gave those 4 players those contracts?

Hi,

Bit of a new poster here, but been reading the board for ages now'

I totally agree that in theory, the players with these contract should have looked long and hard at the clubs situation and responded accordingly. Fact of the matter is that it seems to me that players regardless of their club are like anybody else. Trying to earn as much as possible. I don't think there is any player at the club who doesn't want Leicester to do well- far from it, - their future should depend on it. I'm sure that they all want to do their utmost to make the club succeed (even if some of them don't have the ability to do so) but the truth is that many of them don't have the allegiance to the club that all fans do. I reckon players are like everyone else in that that they all have 'their' clubs.

It seems that the game is just like any other industry as far as the players are concerned. They are employed within it but not neccessarily where they want to be. If they've got a good contract then that is a just a massive bonus. It would be interesting to see how many of the current players could honestly say that they support Leicester as we all do.

Nature of the game I'm afraid.

Keep up the good postings!

Walker: £ 15,000 p/w (This one I know basically for certain)
Benji: £17,000 p/w
Scowy: £17,000 p/w
Elliot: £32,000 p/w

That's ridiculous money the only one of those in the team at the moment is Scowy but we're a championship team and not in a very good financial situation I don't think so we shouldnt' be paying players that much and I can't say any one of them deserves the money.

how did u know those?

my general impression is that these days a more normal wage range in the championship is £4,000-£8,000 a week so that amount of money per week could cover the wages of 10 players or so at least

Country Fox said:
how did u know those?

my general impression is that these days a more normal wage range in the championship is £4,000-£8,000 a week so that amount of money per week could cover the wages of 10 players or so at least

I know that championshipplayers don't normally get more than £8,000 a week but these contracts were all done when we were in the premiership with P***r T****r.

I'm really sorry but I cannot tell you how I know Walker's, it is just impossible I am not allowed, I can't go into any more detail without getting into trouble. I know this sounds redicilous but just trust me on this I have never lied on here before and I probably never will, unless it's just a joke or something (which this isn't).

Sam said:
That's ridiculous money the only one of those in the team at the moment is Scowy but we're a championship team and not in a very good financial situation I don't think so we shouldnt' be paying players that much and I can't say any one of them deserves the money.

You're right, none of them deserve the money, but that's Peter Taylor innit?

True but now he's at Hull i think so he can do what he wants there but he can never take back what he did to us.

yeh i wasnt doubting you, i was just saying how many more players we can get in once their contracts are up - which is at the end of the season for all 4 isnt it?

basically we'd save 81,000 a week or £4,212,000 over a whole year - so potentially could have our usual budget, plus £4 million more to play with next summer!!!!!!! we could finally have a significant transfer/new wage budget in 6 months time

Country Fox said:
yeh i wasnt doubting you, i was just saying how many more players we can get in once their contracts are up - which is at the end of the season for all 4 isnt it?

basically we'd save 81,000 a week or £4,212,000 over a whole year - so potentially could have our usual budget, plus £4 million more to play with next summer!!!!!!! we could finally have a significant transfer/new wage budget in 6 months time

There is a further factor to consider. When players see out the full term of their contracts they often get a loyalty bonus. Given the nature of these generous contracts we handed out, it is likely they are going to hit next years budget.

Its incredable that the consiquences of PT's cockup are still having a detrimental effect on the club

to be fair not just peter taylors cock up - the previous boards as well

shame about the loyalty bonus, but still we should still have a fair few pounds more to play with over the summer

Country Fox said:

Amazing stuff!!!!

Can't wait till the summer then! 8) 8) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472