Confirmed Transfer Hamza Choudhury loaned to Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would we extend that contract? Absolutely insane.
It's the sensible thing to do.

Assuming he plays a full season at Watford and does well (which I think he will), we can probably sell him for several million. Instead of letting him go for free.

It's a gamble, but a relatively low risk one.

Last edited:
It's the sensible thing to do.

Assuming he plays a full season at Watford and does well (which I think he will), we can probable sell him for several million. Instead of letting him go for free.

It's a gamble, but a relatively low risk one.

Time will tell I guess. I have a lot lower expectation of him doing well.

It's a gamble if he's good we get money if he's shit then he's just added another 2 years to hi contract and this is at Watford a club that sacks its manager every 3 months

If we don't sell him we can always loan him out again next year. I like Hamza as he always puts a shift in, not too gifted when it comes to passing etc but that doesn't matter much in the championship....we've not been there for a while but there's many worse than him making a good career there.

Why on earth would we extend that contract? Absolutely insane.

We've been trying to sell him for two years now without success. Are we seriously gambling on him doing so well at Watford that they spend proper money for him?

By extending his contract we're committing to give him >£6m as it is. Just let him go next summer.
It is the most sensible option. We will get a fee if he joins Watford permanently and, if not, we can loan him out again so the risk is very low. As for £6m....Some of the numbers quoted for his salary have, seemingly, been plucked out of the arse of an innumerate goose so let's take that with a pinch of salt.

Will see red on his debut I reckon

By extending his contract we're committing to give him >£6m as it is. Just let him go next summer.
?

Even if he's on £70,000 (spoiler alert: he's not), an extension for one year would be £3,500,000.

If he's on ~£30,000 (much more likely), an extension for one year would be £1,500,000.

And that's ignoring any wages recouped from a potential loan.

Anyway, best of luck to the lad. Didn’t quite develop as well as initially hoped but still played a good amount of matches for the club and will no doubt go on to have a solid career.
Indeed, tried hard (perhaps too hard), but not quite the end product.

I think he’ll flourish in the Championship - definitely a player in there somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757