Happy Fathers Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

To all dads out there, have a good one.
To those who still have a dad, make sure you contact them today.

Last edited:
Here's an odd thing - father's day is the same day over here, but mother's day is at a completely different time of year to the UK. No doubt there's a perfectly bonkers explaination.

Here's an odd thing - father's day is the same day over here, but mother's day is at a completely different time of year to the UK. No doubt there's a perfectly bonkers explaination.

Mothers day in the UK is the third Sunday in lent, I don't know what it is in the US.

An invention by the greetings card companies to sell more cards?

Indeed. Made worse by the fact that all greeting cards have either 'Mother' 'Mummy' or 'Mum' printed on them.
Which means that my choices for Mother's day, Christmas and my Mammy's birthday are severely limited.

If just one card company had the foresight to print cards with 'Mam' or 'Mammy', they'd sell even more.

Indeed. Made worse by the fact that all greeting cards have either 'Mother' 'Mummy' or 'Mum' printed on them.
Which means that my choices for Mother's day, Christmas and my Mammy's birthday are severely limited.

If just one card company had the foresight to print cards with 'Mam' or 'Mammy', they'd sell even more.

You could always ask someone to make one for you:icon_wink

Even though I don't have anyone to send a Fathers Day card to, still had to make one for Ben for his dad!

I bet you'd walk a million miles for one of her smiles wouldn't you? :icon_wink

:icon_lol: I've walked feckin miles trying to find a card with 'Mammy' on it, I know that.

Have a word with Beaumont before the next one - I've heard she's a dab hand at making customised cards for any occasion :)

It was actually her birthday last Monday, so I suppose I should've had a bitch about it a few weeks ago.

I did actually have one made a few years back, but it was a bit shit so I never gave it to her. It looked like something a school kid had made and was very 'old-lady-ish', which probably would've offended her more than buying her a card with 'Mummy' written on it.

I did actually have one made a few years back, but it was a bit shit so I never gave it to her. It looked like something a school kid had made and was very 'old-lady-ish', which probably would've offended her more than buying her a card with 'Mummy' written on it.

Ah right. Didn't realise Beaumont had already made one for you :icon_bigg

It was actually her birthday last Monday, so I suppose I should've had a bitch about it a few weeks ago.

If she's Mammy, I'm assuming she's Irish? If so just buy her a keg of Guinness, or some potatoes?

Had my first fathers day yesterday, got a few things and taken out for the day-my daughter even went to the bother of giving me some sick, bless her :-) cracking day though.

He'd walk a million miles for one of those smiles........

It was my first one yesterday to. Had a nice day, relaxing morning, walking the dog around some lakes and lovely countryside and then a nice roast dinner in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46