Happy Star Wars Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_eek:

Second one is the best of the original three.

And if you've only seen the first, you are missing out on all the secrets!!:icon_wink Shame though if you want them nowadays it's the remastered versions with the stupid crappy music at the end of the third and a couple of changes(grrrrr)

There was a lot of publicity about a major announcement about Star Wars on May 4th. It turned out it was merely bringing out a rehashed version on BlueRay. What a let down.

I had hoped it was going to be about the Live Action TV series George Lucas talked about as long ago as 2005.

You mean that animated thing that's been on Sky One over the past year or so?
Well the first lot anyhoo(it was about the Clone Wars)

No. I cannot watch animated movies; they irritate the hell out of me.

With programmes like The West Wing American TV has moved forward a great deal since the days of Charlies Angels. I never thought TV would dare do ancient Rome properly until the HBO series Rome. Lucas spoke as if he could take an action series and move it yet further and I was looking forward to this.

That is not to knock British TV - how can I knock Downton Abbey - but American series have a very different style - not better or worse but different.

I remember reading an interview with him a couple of years ago, where he said this series would be about 100 and he wanted it to cover the timeframe from ROTJ and the following 30-odd years, which if you read any of the books following on from ROTJ you'd know about them and what happens to them all........
I don't want to see Chewie die! Or Han and Leia's youngest lad, or Luke's wife.....or in fact any of the good guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00