Confirmed Transfer Harry Maguire to Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Manchester United for the transfer of defender Harry Maguire.

The 26-year-old England international has spent the last two seasons at King Power Stadium but will now head to Old Trafford after Leicester City accepted a Club-record fee from Manchester United for his services.

Maguire signed for the Foxes from Hull City in the summer of 2017 and has gone on to make 76 appearances for the Club – scoring five goals across two Premier League seasons. During his time with City, Harry has established himself as regular international and, in the summer of 2018 in Russia, became the first Leicester City player to score for England at a World Cup Finals.

The Football Club would like to thank Harry for his contribution to a period of continued growth for the Club and to place on record its appreciation for Harry’s professionalism and commitment to Leicester City and his team-mates during recent negotiations with Manchester United.

He departs with the best wishes of everyone at Leicester City.

“I am delighted to have signed for this great club,” he said. “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Leicester and would like to thank everyone at the club and the fans for their fantastic support over the past two seasons. However, when Manchester United come knocking on your door, it is an incredible opportunity. From my conversations with the Manager, I am excited about the vision and plans he has for the team. It’s clear to see that Ole [Gunnar Solskjær] is building a team to win trophies. I am now looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and getting the season started.”

Don't really bear him any ill will, he seemed to be very professional during the while thing. That being said I think it's a big mistake on his part and Utd. don't have the players to cover for his weaknesses.

A move that doesn't seem quite right. I don't think Solskjaer will last. If Maguire makes one big mistake he will immediately be under immense pressure (though he probably is already). Most expensive defender in the world. Can he cope with that tag?

A move that doesn't seem quite right. I don't think Solskjaer will last. If Maguire makes one big mistake he will immediately be under immense pressure (though he probably is already). Most expensive defender in the world. Can he cope with that tag?

Let's hope so. I'm keen for him to do well. He's been a good player for us and although he's leaving us, he is an example of what can be achieved at LCFC.

It instantly makes us more attractive. Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Maguire go to Chelsea, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd and that bodes well on us. World record fee is not by accident and imo it is not a waste. He is a top defender.

I hope he has a cracking season but that we finish above Man Utd.

Couple of interesting bits from the Whitwell article just published in the Athletic. Basically the key part was Man U were well aware in May they would need to spend £80 to get Maguire, but left it until a week before the window closed to get it done. Supposedly that was for fear of getting bad value in the market, but reading between the lines it looked as though they thought we would come down in price, but we stuck strong.

The most interesting part for me is that Susan Whelan has been doing the negotiations and is now increasingly working on the football side of the club.

I think that is an excellent development. Especially when Congerton starts getting twattish.

The most interesting part for me is that Susan Whelan has been doing the negotiations and is now increasingly working on the football side of the club.

I think that is an excellent development. Especially when Congerton starts getting twattish.

Perhaps Top realised Rudkin is ever so slightly out if his depth.

Nice little dig at Mahrez towards the end of the press release.

I hope he’s the standout player in a very awful Man United season.

I wish him well, because I'll still enjoy seeing him in an England shirt and I think he seems like a good guy and a good character in the game. I think he could become England captain and the move to Man Utd may help that.

But I think he's made a terrible choice that could come back to bite him on the arse when OGS is out by Christmas and the Utd fans are tearing him to shreds for a few mistakes.

Sure the money will help though.

Look forward to seeing Vardy fly past him before hitting the back of the net when we play them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757