Hartlepool Johnstone's paint trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

Not got a clue to the line for this one ,would have thought the same team as Saturday ,seeing as they have no match at the weekend :102:

0,,10274%7E3684193,00.jpg

Head To Head: Hartlepool

Posted on: Mon 01 Sep 2008
HEAD TO HEAD

The two clubs have never met before in a competitive fixture. They have, however, met once in a pre-season friendly.

PREVIOUS MEETING

As part of a three-match tour to the north-east early in Brian Little's spell as manager, City faced Hartlepool at Victoria Park in August 1992, winning 3-1 thanks to a strike from new signing David Lowe and a brace from Ian Ormondroyd. The attendance that evening was 1,262.

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY

This, of course, will be City's debut in this particular competition. Last season Hartlepool reached the Northern Quarter Final, losing 4-2 on penalties to Morecambe after a 1-1 draw.

Two former Leicester players have occupied the Hartlepool managerial chair in the past, in two very different eras: Percy Humphreys and Mike Newell. Playing connections include Malcolm Clarke, Phil Gilchrist, Craig Hignett, Martin Hodge, Steve Howey, Fred Mearns, Carl Muggleton, Jason Peake, Kevin Poole, Jerry Roberts, Nick Sharkey, Mark Venus and Alan Waddle.

I would pick:

Hendo

Gilbert
Morrison
Hobbs
O'Neil

Porter
Weso
King
Adams

King
DJ

s
Martin
Hobbs
Kish
Odihambo
Beswick

I would pick:

Hendo

Gilbert
Morrison
Hobbs
O'Neil

Porter
Weso
King
Adams

King
DJ

s
Martin
Hobbs
Kish
Odihambo
Beswick

... and if Hobbs is injured, we could bring Hobbs on to replace him.

I would pick:

Hendo

Gilbert
Morrison
Hobbs
O'Neil

Porter
Weso
King
Adams

King
DJ

s
Martin
Hobbs
Kish
Odihambo
Beswick

Don't think we'd be allowed that many changes. Remember there's the stupid rule about playing first team players..

No idea what it will be really... expect Adams and DJ to start though.

I'd also give O'Neill a run. At right back, his natural position, and rest Gilbert.

Martin
O'Neill Hobbs Morrison Powell
Adams Wesolowski Oakley Porter
Dickov Howard

Subs

Henderson
Gilbert
Kishishev
Fryatt
Campbell

take the fine and play the kids, or better still send Hartlepool a quick letter saying thanks but no thanks and the very best of luck in round 2.

take the fine and play the kids, or better still send Hartlepool a quick letter saying thanks but no thanks and the very best of luck in round 2.

I'd go with this too. There are 3 things we should focus on this year; the league, the league and the league.

:038::038: This competition is a waste of time. Hope we win but couldn't give a toss if we lose!

Why is it a waste of time? We're in it so let's give the thing a shot. The League Cup is technically a waste of time as well, but that hasn't stopped us having many memorable nights in it.

I do agree that we should use it to give fringe players a chance. I'd definitely hope to see O'Neill, Porter, Adams, Wesolowski and maybe one of the young strikers given a run out - but I'd still hope for those players to be good enough to win through to the next round.

Waste of time, embarrasing to be playing in this excuse for a competition.

:038::038: This competition is a waste of time.

Waste of time

The JPT is a waste of time - the League Cup is a waste of time - the FA Cup is a waste of time - League One is a waste of time - the Championship is a waste of time.

The only thing that isn't a waste of time is the Premier League - and that's a waste of time if you don't finish top.

We lost out on the first bit of our quadruple on Wednesday. This one assumes a new importance if we are to do the treble.

This one is no longer beneath us - literally so. It is at our level, like it or not.

I expect them to try to win every competition they are in.

0,,10274%7E3702436,00.jpg

Pearson Previews Cup Clash

Posted on: Mon 01 Sep 2008
City boss Nigel Pearson has assured supporters that his Foxes will be going all out for victory when they take on Hartlepool United in the opening round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy on Tuesday evening.

Leicester fans face a 330 mile round trip to see their side take to the field in the Football League competition for the first time.

The game kicks off at 7pm, meaning that official Fox Travel coaches will be leaving the Walkers Stadium as early as 1:30pm on the day to allow for the four-and-a-half-hour journey.

And Pearson said the dedicated fans making the trip would have their own part to play on the evening.

He said: "This is a game that we want to win - it is as simple as that.

"There are rules and regulations surrounding the competition - but regardless of what they are I can assure the fans that we will be putting out a strong side that will be going out to gain us a place in the next round.

"I have said many times before - the League is the priority for us this season. But if you are in a good run of form then I think it is important to try and maintain that.

"We are looking for a good performance and we are looking for a good result.

"It's an awkward kick of time for the supporters and we understand the demands that it puts on their resources.

"The fans have been magnificent during my time here and I am sure the hardy souls that make the trip up to the game will be right behind us."

Tickets will remain on general sale for the game at the Walkers Stadium ticket office until 12:30pm on the day.

Fans will also be able to gain entry on the gate at the Victoria Stadium.

The JPT is a waste of time - the League Cup is a waste of time - the FA Cup is a waste of time - League One is a waste of time - the Championship is a waste of time.

The only thing that isn't a waste of time is the Premier League - and that's a waste of time if you don't finish top.

Disagree - The only load of old toss in the JPT out of the cups. A cup so shit even the non league teams ducked out after a season or 2.

I agree however that the FA Cup is immensly devalued as a competition. Perhaps they should award a Champions League slot for winning it. Would add prestige to it and I would rather have the winners in the CL than 4th place in the Premiership..

Disagree - The only load of old toss in the JPT out of the cups. A cup so shit even the non league teams ducked out after a season or 2.

I agree however that the FA Cup is immensly devalued as a competition. Perhaps they should award a Champions League slot for winning it. Would add prestige to it and I would rather have the winners in the CL than 4th place in the Premiership..

Whooooosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59