Has Micky lost the plot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTFaith

Nigel Worthington comments in local press

"I wish to make it clear that seven days ago, on July 7, I spoke to Tim Davies, the Leicester chief executive and, at his request, to Micky Adams, about the availability of James Scowcroft. Micky Adams quoted a figure and I said that if the figure was of interest to us I would call him back. I have not done so.

"The approach for James Scowcroft was a proper one, entirely in accordance with Premier League rules. Given all this, Norwich City are upset about Micky Adams' comments which are, I believe, entirely without foundation."

Worthington declined to speak further on the subject.

Or maybe he is making alot of other clubs aware that Scowcroft is available if they want him, using the media to our advantage.

The problem was that Worthington went on to blab to the press about how he thought Scowie would be a good signing etc. and therefore unsettling the player completely.

Micky's point was that no bid had been made, and the subject should have been closed until an offer was on the table.

So no, he hasn't lost the plot at all - he was complaining against a club trying to convince a player to leave us without them actually making a bid.

A perfectly reasonable thing to complain about - or should we just sit here and wait for everyone else to get up and leave without saying a dickie bird ?

homer said:
The problem was that Worthington went on to blab to the press about how he thought Scowie would be a good signing etc. and therefore unsettling the player completely.

Micky's point was that no bid had been made, and the subject should have been closed until an offer was on the table.

So no, he hasn't lost the plot at all - he was complaining against a club trying to convince a player to leave us without them actually making a bid.

A perfectly reasonable thing to complain about - or should we just sit here and wait for everyone else to get up and leave without saying a dickie bird ?
Couldn't agree more, Micky was completely in the right to complain about Worthington's approach.

KTFaith said:
Nigel Worthington comments in local press

"I wish to make it clear that seven days ago, on July 7, I spoke to Tim Davies, the Leicester chief executive and, at his request, to Micky Adams, about the availability of James Scowcroft. Micky Adams quoted a figure and I said that if the figure was of interest to us I would call him back. I have not done so.

"The approach for James Scowcroft was a proper one, entirely in accordance with Premier League rules. Given all this, Norwich City are upset about Micky Adams' comments which are, I believe, entirely without foundation."

Worthington declined to speak further on the subject.

no he aint lost the plot.

Some people on here a couple of weeks ago were implying that Micky was just rolling over and letting the playes activate their release clauses without even saying a word.
Now that he is out there like a rabid Pit bull doing all he can to keep the ones he has left we still question him!
Norwich are playing a silly game either they are interested or they are not..simple. If you ring up to get a price on a player and are told one that does not fit your valuation you move on, you do not then tell the press how intereted you are and how he would fit into your squad!

Ian said:
Some people on here a couple of weeks ago were implying that Micky was just rolling over and letting the playes activate their release clauses without even saying a word.

I don't think so.

The point that was being made was that the money men(or in our case -lack of money men) who run the club were responsible for clauses in contracts which had led to disastrous outcomes. Micky clearly would not have the responsibility for those clauses and was in the victim situation. Since then we have had lots of explanations that the club had more or less had to beg some players to sign and any clause - no matter how damaging -was ok. So that's alright then

On the Scowcroft matter - this is a non-event. Clubs are tapping up players at other clubs all the time. Everyone knows that. Its just that there is a shortage of other news to report so this charade has received more attention than usual and because it involved a personal attack by Micky on Nigel Worthington.

Lets hope this has unsettled Scowy he could hardly be any worse than he was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757