Haye vs Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

I'll be near Loughborough on Sat night. As I'm not from around there could anyone recommend a good place to watch the fight?

Cheers

I'll be near Loughborough on Sat night. As I'm not from around there could anyone recommend a good place to watch the fight?

Cheers
MacDonalds. Be over before you've finished ordering.

I assume this is only on pay per view is it? Sky box office or similar?

I have all the sky sports channels - but don't fancy paying £15 for a first 6 round knock out.

I fancy Haye to win this within 4 rounds and will be astounded if it goes the distance with anything but a clear Haye win.

Best of luck to Audley though, ignoring who I'd like to or think will win, it would be nice to see a bit of a contest.

I have all the sky sports channels - but don't fancy paying £15 for a first 6 round knock out.

I fancy Haye to win this within 4 rounds and will be astounded if it goes the distance with anything but a clear Haye win.

Best of luck to Audley though, ignoring who I'd like to or think will win, it would be nice to see a bit of a contest.

I've just heard on the radio that Haye is 3 stones lighter than Harrison :icon_eek:

I hope Haye knocks him into the middle of next week.

Sky Box office and 3D.

You know when you're in a relationship you've really enjoyed but for one reason or another you feel compelled to end it? That's how I'm feeling with heavyweight boxing at the moment. I know it's not 'the' world title, but the fact that a man with Harrison's record and 'ability' can step in the ring with the WBA World Champion should embarrass all boxing fans. Absolute feckin' disgrace.

You know when you're in a relationship you've really enjoyed but for one reason or another you feel compelled to end it? That's how I'm feeling with heavyweight boxing at the moment. I know it's not 'the' world title, but the fact that a man with Harrison's record and 'ability' can step in the ring with the WBA World Champion should embarrass all boxing fans. Absolute feckin' disgrace.

spot on sir:038:

I agree totally, but to be fair it's been a pretty shit weight division for a while now. The fact that chisora is fighting klitschko is IMO just as bad.

The fact that chisora is fighting klitschko is IMO just as bad.
At least Dereck's undefeated as a pro (albeit in only 14 fights) whereas Harrison lost to two of the worst British boxers in any weight at any level ever*. Harrison's never even fought anyone of any importance on a world scale. No part of his record suggests he should be anywhere near a world title fight. In fact, losing to Michael Sprott should automatically disqualify someone from even buying a world title fight on pay-per-view.

[*Granted, Williams beat Tyson, but that was not '89 Tyson or '96 Tyson or even 2000 Tyson. '04 Tyson was a very different boxer (and, if truth be known, a different man entirely).]

At least Dereck's undefeated as a pro (albeit in only 14 fights) whereas Harrison lost to two of the worst British boxers in any weight at any level ever*. Harrison's never even fought anyone of any importance on a world scale. No part of his record suggests he should be anywhere near a world title fight. In fact, losing to Michael Sprott should automatically disqualify someone from even buying a world title fight on pay-per-view.

[*Granted, Williams beat Tyson, but that was not '89 Tyson or '96 Tyson or even 2000 Tyson. '04 Tyson was a very different boxer (and, if truth be known, a different man entirely).]

All true, however he's hardly got the greatest resume in the world to warrant a shot at Klitschko (maybe me saying it was just as bad was a bit of an exaggeration :)). The fact that it's so easy for the top fighters to avoid each other and all retain their claim to a 'world title' is what's so wrong with boxing these days though IMO.

All true, however he's hardly got the greatest resume in the world to warrant a shot at Klitschko (maybe me saying it was just as bad was a bit of an exaggeration :)). The fact that it's so easy for the top fighters to avoid each other and all retain their claim to a 'world title' is what's so wrong with boxing these days though IMO.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for one second suggesting Chisora is world champion material :icon_lol:

Haye said in after fight interview that he waited until the 3rd. I believe him. Audley is a joker

I never want to hear the words boxing and Harrison in the same sentence. :)

Haye said in after fight interview that he waited until the 3rd. I believe him. Audley is a joker

He also said he and alot of his friends and family had money on the 3rd round.

Is that really much different to the pakastani cricketers?

He also said he and alot of his friends and family had money on the 3rd round.

Is that really much different to the pakastani cricketers?

He is now denying he had money on it.

Of course it's similar to the Pakistani cricketers in that there may have been money on the outcome of an event, however it is much harder to predict a win. for all Haye knew Harrison may have put up a fight. Inlay be wrong but I believe footballers are allowed to bet on their team winning (unless that's changed).

The fight should never have been sanctioned in the first place in my opinion - the gulf in quality was just too great. I went to a mate's place to watch it, luckily for me he refused to accept any money towards it.

By the way, did anyone watch the Pacquiao v Margarito fight? I thought Pacquiao looked supreme at times but was still caught by good shots from Margarito when he was forced up against the ropes. The fight should have been stopped any time from the 10th onward and the referee and Margarito's trainer want sacking for not ending it.

The fight should never have been sanctioned in the first place in my opinion - the gulf in quality was just too great. I went to a mate's place to watch it, luckily for me he refused to accept any money towards it.

By the way, did anyone watch the Pacquiao v Margarito fight? I thought Pacquiao looked supreme at times but was still caught by good shots from Margarito when he was forced up against the ropes. The fight should have been stopped any time from the 10th onward and the referee and Margarito's trainer want sacking for not ending it.

Margarito is no good without a white powder on his taped hands. The Pacman is on a different boxing planet who I think could fight at middleweight and win a world title.

No wonder Floyd Mayweather is such a coward as losing to the Pacman will do him damage in and out of the ring.

Having seen the fight on Saturday I am certain that if the Pacman and Mayweather met he would be too strong for Mayweather and any perceived skill differential is not enough to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263