Hayles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bazza Hayles will guarantee us 20 goals next season, he is a good player and I would be happy to see him in a City shirt except for one thing age again. That will be another two old strikers we've signed and if Ferdy comes back it will take the piss, I am not entirely against old players, but you need a blend of youth and experience. I would like to see a foreign striker at the club, with some flair and pace. Perhaps a brazilian or a portuguese beast.

Southern Fox said:
Me too Malf, but is it really going to happen :?

He's surprised me with Williams! Why has Micky gone to all this trouble publically saying he's going to get a younger squad and he's been off scouting abroad since about January, he must have seen one or two players that have took his fancy.

lazzer said:
short term he may do a job but it doesnt get me excited :roll:

Well it goes back to the fact that if we are going to sign players like Hayles and Dublin then why did we let a lot of players of similar quality and age go at the end of the season? Don't get me wrong, I think Dublin was a shrewd signing and Hayles would score goals for us but together it is pointless as they are short term fixes in a team that needs some foundations laid down. Yes they might fire us back up, but then we are back to square one. I think we shouldn't bother getting Ferdy back, we should get a decent young striker or give O'Grady, Petrescu and Wright a fair crack.

hayles will do good, dublin will I.M.O play in defence, and hayles would be quality in this division, perhaps supersub?

Malf said:
lazzer said:
short term he may do a job but it doesnt get me excited :roll:

Well it goes back to the fact that if we are going to sign players like Hayles and Dublin then why did we let a lot of players of similar quality and age go at the end of the season? Don't get me wrong, I think Dublin was a shrewd signing and Hayles would score goals for us but together it is pointless as they are short term fixes in a team that needs some foundations laid down. Yes they might fire us back up, but then we are back to square one. I think we shouldn't bother getting Ferdy back, we should get a decent young striker or give O'Grady, Petrescu and Wright a fair crack.

Although Micky has said he's looking to rebuild with a younger squad, he didn't rule out bringing in experience to compliment youth. For the past 2 seasons, Micky has not had the chance to really build a squad from scratch due to a large number of existing players being under contract from the Taylor days. Last season, he had to act quick and bring in players that would have given us the best possible chance of survival.

Now Micky has the opportunity to rebuild the squad in his own way - Something which he's not been allowed to do before. As for the similar quality argument, we didn't release any strikers who were in the same mould of Dublin and Hayles - We had a strikeforce of Dickov/Sir Les/Bent last season, and all 3 will not be playing for us in the 'championship'(Dublin signing indicates that) so we had to strengthen in that area.

I think we just need to wait until Micky brings all his players in first before making a judgement.

Scowcroft said:
We had a strikeforce of Dickov/Sir Les/Bent last season, and all 3 will not be playing for us in the 'championship'(Dublin signing indicates that)....

Surely Dickov signing for Blackburn indicated that a week or so ago Scowy. :?

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
We had a strikeforce of Dickov/Sir Les/Bent last season, and all 3 will not be playing for us in the 'championship'(Dublin signing indicates that)....

I meant to say that the Dublin signing indicates that Sir Les won't be playing most likely, and that we have no chance of getting Bent, and Dickov's gone anyway.....

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:

I meant to say that the Dublin signing indicates that Sir Les won't be playing most likely, and that we have no chance of getting Bent, and Dickov's gone anyway.....

Icy. Has there been any official word of Sir Les's intentions?

mad biker said:
Hayles has been in for a "chat" but not sure at this stage what`s happening !

Cheers MB, keep us posted. Any possibility of us signing some foreign players? Micky seems to have spent alot of time scouting in Holland and Belgium, but to no avail?

Malf said:
mad biker said:
Hayles has been in for a "chat" but not sure at this stage what`s happening !

Cheers MB, keep us posted. Any possibility of us signing some foreign players? Micky seems to have spent alot of time scouting in Holland and Belgium, but to no avail?

After the next Nalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758