Hearts and Foxes agree Levein fee!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewHei

Hearts and Foxes agree Levein fee

Levein has had tremendous success as Hearts head coach
Hearts and Leicester City have come to an agreement over compensation for the services of Craig Levein.
The Hearts head coach Craig Levein told BBC Sport that he expects to be named Leicester City manager on Friday.

And the 40-year-old has urged Hearts to appoint Inverness Caledonian Thistle's John Robertson as his successor.

"There is only one reason for my decision and it is my ambition to manage in England and get into the Premiership," he said.

"I have great affection for Hearts, but I am ambitious and Leicester are a club that fulfil that."

Levein is expected in Leicester on Friday afternoon to tie up the deal, which includes assistant Peter Houston.

The timing is rotten with the European games coming up

Craig Levein
Houston will take charge of Hearts against Dundee on Saturday, while Levein will watch Leicester play away to Cardiff City in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Levein's future at Hearts was brought into question by prospective new owner Vladimir Romanov's proposed takeover of the club.

Romanov plans to bring in former Russian international manager Anatoly Byshovets as a director of football but had hoped to persuade Levein to stay.

However, a proposed meeting between Levein and Romanov did not take place on Thursday as the head coach had already decided to move on.

"It has been a difficult times with money problems, the stadium issues and boardroom unrest, but all that had no bearing on my decision to leave," Levein insisted.

"I would have been happy with anyone who had the best interests of the club at heart and Vladimir Romanov seems like a nice guy whose intentions towards the club seem good.

"I am proud of the way things have gone here at Hearts and the timing is rotten with the European games coming up, but I had to think of myself for once.

Levein's proved his tactical knowledge, eye for a player and motivational skills consistently at Hearts and I'm sure he'll be a big success in England

From BL
Have your say on 606
"I didn't have any target other than to keep improving, we have done that every season and I just want to improve Leicester as well."

Hearts chairman George Foulkes said that Levein left with his best wishes.

Leicester were thought to be prepared to offer Hearts £250,000 in compensation in order to secure the highly-rated Levein as Micky Adams' successor.

Levein has established Hearts as the Scottish Premier League's third force and led them into the Uefa Cup for the last three seasons.

Dave Bassett is expected to remain as Leicester's director of football, but temporary assistant coach Howard Wilkinson is not thought to be part of the club's future plans.

Bassett, who has been caretaker coach of the side since Adams' departure, hailed Levein's achievements at Hearts.

GREAT!!!! 8) :p :lol: :eek: :D :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670