Heath captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll do needs to gob off a bit more on the pitch but that will come with time, nice to have a local boy as captain as we would know he genuinely gives a shite about the club.

Lboro fox said:
That'll do needs to gob off a bit more on the pitch but that will come with time, nice to have a local boy as captain as we would know he genuinely gives a shite about the club.

You'd think he'd play better if it meant that much to him. I think Heath is extremely average and am nowhere near over the moon with this news, infact I've barely got above ground level.

Joe_Fox said:
Lboro fox said:

You'd think he'd play better if it meant that much to him. I think Heath is extremely average and am nowhere near over the moon with this news, infact I've barely got above ground level.

I thought he has been a consistent, quality performer, think he has been one of our best players this season and will be for quite a while.

MA said:
It was always my intention to give him (Heath) a run of games regardless of how the club was going when he returned from that spell (loan to Stockport).

Bullshit. He got an extended run as you ran out of options at the Club. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steven said:
MA said:
It was always my intention to give him (Heath) a run of games regardless of how the club was going when he returned from that spell (loan to Stockport).

Bullshit. He got an extended run as you ran out of options at the Club. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I think that is the case.

Heath has done well though - He's looked a bit dodgy at times, but I feel he's performed better than Dabizas. Remember, he is young, so he has alot of learning to do.

What he does need to do though is work on his technical ability, and his distribution of the ball. Those attributes are sadly lacking at the moment.

Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

Heath has done well though - He's looked a bit dodgy at times, but I feel he's performed better than Dabizas. Remember, he is young, so he has alot of learning to do.

What he does need to do though is work on his technical ability, and his distribution of the ball. Those attributes are sadly lacking at the moment.

That's not really saying much though Scowy - I understand what you mean though and kind of agree with you. I just can't see Heath being a class player who you can trust. Can you?

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

That's not really saying much though Scowy - I understand what you mean though and kind of agree with you. I just can't see Heath being a class player who you can trust. Can you?

I know being better than Dabizas is not hard. :wink:

Earlier on in the season, I felt that Heath would not be good enough for LCFC. He just doesn't seem a defender who looks at ease on the ball. The game has evolved now where defenders are expected to be ball players, where they initiate attacks by bringing that ball in to midfield and distributing it well ala Ferdinand and Terry. Heath just doesn't have that ability, and it doesn't look like he will improve much in this area.

I do think defensively he has improved over this season, but he still gets rather exposed at times. On saturday, he got turned by Bergkamp at one point and was out paced! :shock:

I think Division 1 will suit him, and he will be fine. Although, I have doubts about him being a Premiership player......

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

Earlier on in the season, I felt that Heath would not be good enough for LCFC. He just doesn't seem a defender who looks at ease on the ball. The game has evolved now where defenders are expected to be ball players, where they initiate attacks by bringing that ball in to midfield and distributing it well ala Ferdinand and Terry. Heath just doesn't have that ability, and it doesn't look like he will improve much in this area.

I do think defensively he has improved over this season, but he still gets rather exposed at times. On saturday, he got turned by Bergkamp at one point and was out paced! :shock:

I think Division 1 will suit him, and he will be fine. Although, I have doubts about him being a Premiership player......

I think that Heath will have a long and succesful career in Division one football but never cut the premiership mustard unfortuantely.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

I think that Heath will have a long and succesful career in Division one football but never cut the premiership mustard unfortuantely.

I think you may be right - I remember John Ashton in a similar situation, played a few Premiership games, did OK, but then was released to Division 3 side Oxford simply because he wasn't good enough. His huge throw masked how poor he actually was.

I don't think Heath will follow the same pattern, but I don't think he has the technical abilities to play in the Premiership. You never know, he might be able to work on this over next season, and he may make great strides. I don't want to write him off yet, but he needs to improve alot, and even Micky has indicated this. He has offered him a 2 year contract, So Micky believes he does have the potential.

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

I think you may be right - I remember John Ashton in a similar situation, played a few Premiership games, did OK, but then was released to Division 3 side Oxford simply because he wasn't good enough. His huge throw masked how poor he actually was.

I don't think Heath will follow the same pattern, but I don't think he has the technical abilities to play in the Premiership. You never know, he might be able to work on this over next season, and he may make great strides. I don't want to write him off yet, but he needs to improve alot, and even Micky has indicated this. He has offered him a 2 year contract, So Micky believes he does have the potential.

I agree Scowy, I also think that next season is a hugely important season for Heath and I think a big factor will be in who plays alongside him. If Dabizas is chosen to be his defensive partner then I cannot see Heath improving much. If we can get in a good solid centre back in who can act as a teacher and mentor for Matt Heath then maybe he can become a good player.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

I agree Scowy, I also think that next season is a hugely important season for Heath and I think a big factor will be in who plays alongside him. If Dabizas is chosen to be his defensive partner then I cannot see Heath improving much. If we can get in a good solid centre back in who can act as a teacher and mentor for Matt Heath then maybe he can become a good player.

I think alot of people are forgetting about Elliott, who I believe is a much better player than Dabizas. Elliott will be here next season because we can't pay off his contract, so we may be forced to play him. I don't think that will be a bad thing IMO. He is a terrific player in Division 1, as proved by his time at Ipswich. Heath would be able to learn alot from Elliott.

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Steven said:
MA said:

I think alot of people are forgetting about Elliott, who I believe is a much better player than Dabizas. Elliott will be here next season because we can't pay off his contract, so we may be forced to play him. I don't think that will be a bad thing IMO. He is a terrific player in Division 1, as proved by his time at Ipswich. Heath would be able to learn alot from Elliott.

Scowy, I think this has probably been the best discussion you and I have had. Thanks.

He Is a division one player at best. Nowhere near a future Leicester captain. The anser is Richard Stearman. Richard Stearman.

trickytrev said:
He Is a division one player at best. Nowhere near a future Leicester captain. The anser is Richard Stearman. Richard Stearman.

Well said, forget about Heath! He's 22 and people saying he's young is just an excuse. Get Sterman in, the next John Terry/Rio Ferdinand.

Malf said:
trickytrev said:

Well said, forget about Heath! He's 22 and people saying he's young is just an excuse. Get Sterman in, the next John Terry/Rio Ferdinand.

What is young now? It used to be 22 and under but I presume that Rooney and Co have now made it abou 20 and under. God I'm old.

Malf said:
trickytrev said:

I think Stearman needs to develop physically before playing in a league like the First Division. There is no doubting his ability, but he needs to beef up because he's a very slight player, and would be brushed aside by big, strong target men (like Kyle) all too easily. He's only 16, so he has plently of time to develop that aspect of his game as it will come naturally as he gets a little older.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
trickytrev said:

I think Stearman needs to develop physically before playing in a league like the First Division. There is no doubting his ability, but he needs to beef up because he's a very slight player, and would be brushed aside by big, strong target men (like Kyle) all too easily. He's only 16, so he has plently of time to develop that aspect of his game as it will come naturally as he gets a little older.

True, but look at Heath he's a stick insect! Stearman looks quite strong, I know i've only seen him twice against kids his own age but some of them looked quite beeefed up. He might be too young to play week in, week out next season but he deserves a few games to aid his development and get him on a high carbohydrate diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757