HF - your assistance if you will please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
As an ex fleecer of the people answer me this.

On Sunday at the Ladbrokes in the ground I put a tenner on Dublin to score the first goal at 6/1. Excellent He scored the forst goal I thought.

However when I looked at my betting slip (one of the generic ones for that particular game, ie with all the different odds and bet types on) the green copy I was given looks like I put the money on Ian Morre to score first. Must be the carbon copy slipped or something.

Will they pay out? - I am assuming not.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
DurhamFox said:
As an ex fleecer of the people answer me this.

On Sunday at the Ladbrokes in the ground I put a tenner on Dublin to score the first goal at 6/1. Excellent He scored the forst goal I thought.

However when I looked at my betting slip (one of the generic ones for that particular game, ie with all the different odds and bet types on) the green copy I was given looks like I put the money on Ian Morre to score first. Must be the carbon copy slipped or something.

Will they pay out? - I am assuming not.

They will pay out on whatever it says on the original slip which you left with them. If the sheets didn't coincide and the top copy shows that you backed Dublin, you'll get your money.

highland fox

Like Boc says DF it's whats on the top copy that matters.Sounds to me like the carbon's slipped and you will get your money

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Excuse my ignorance but how will they know what was on the original as you can't claim winnings from the hut at the ground.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
DurhamFox said:
Excuse my ignorance but how will they know what was on the original as you can't claim winnings from the hut at the ground.

When you go to your local Ladbrokes, they don't even look at the body of your slip. They just take the number, tap it into their computer and that will show if you've got anything to come. The origianl slip will have been checked soon after the match on Sunday and winners put onto the system.

highland fox

Each Betting Slip will have a number printed on it which is on both copies so they will just match them up.I would imagine that one of their Shops will hold all the original copies and the shop you go into will ring them.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
bocadillo said:
They will pay out on whatever it says on the original slip which you left with them.
DurhamFox said:
Fabulous, cheers Boc

Fabulous, unless you really did place your stake against the Leeds bloke.

Be sure to let us know, won't you!

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
bocadillo said:
bocadillo said:
They will pay out on whatever it says on the original slip which you left with them.
DurhamFox said:
Fabulous, cheers Boc

It's defo a carbon copy issue as the total take is around an inch below the box it should go in - Im confident I am £60 better off.

highland fox

Tell you what DF If you are uncertain I'll buy it off you for a tenner ;-)

homer

DurhamFox said:
bocadillo said:
bocadillo said:
DurhamFox said:
Fabulous, cheers Boc

It's defo a carbon copy issue as the total take is around an inch below the box it should go in - Im confident I am £60 better off.

No wonder you had trouble in Whitley Bay :? :? :?

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
homer said:
DurhamFox said:
bocadillo said:
bocadillo said:
DurhamFox said:
Fabulous, cheers Boc

They love it an inch below the box, you should know that!

highland fox

DurhamFox said:
homer said:
DurhamFox said:
bocadillo said:
bocadillo said:
DurhamFox said:
Fabulous, cheers Boc

They love it an inch below the box, you should know that!

Homers problem is that he never puts enough in the box...

Joe_Fox

When I worked in a bookies we had to slide every single betting slip (no matter what it's shape and form was) through a photocopier feeder type thing (that was the technical name for it).

When some dodgy scouser came in saying he won we could dig out the copy and see if he was telling the truth, which on every occasion was the case.

It is this information that has led me to believe that all Liverpudlians are truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669