Highest bidder for Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilaFox

With all these clubs wanting the services of Paul Dickov shoudn't we at least sell him to the highest bidder?

Or is the clause in his contract stipulate the lowest bidder?

PhilaFox said:
With all these clubs wanting the services of Paul Dickov shoudn't we at least sell him to the highest bidder?

It's a set fee, a whopping £75,000

The contract, if you can call it that, probably is based on the company car. WBA offered him a Skoda which, although reinvented and actually a very good car nowadays, Dickov didn't want.

I hear Portsmouth will try to woo him with a Laguna but Dickov is not into french motoring after losing a Monkey on a bet that Jean Alesi would win the Monaco Grand Prix in 1994.

So this leaves Birmingham. They are planning to offer Paul a Bentley but apparantly he cannot reach the pedals so this is going to end up with an unhappy Scot and a redundant Bentley.

My guess is that he'll stick with Leicester, "those Corsa's are great for the weekly shop" said Paul.

Joe_Fox said:
The contract, if you can call it that, probably is based on the company car. WBA offered him a Skoda which, although reinvented and actually a very good car nowadays, Dickov didn't want.

I hear Portsmouth will try to woo him with a Laguna but Dickov is not into frencg motoring after losing a Monkey on a bet that Jean Alesi would win the Monaco Grand Prix in 1994.

So this leaves Birmingham. They are planning to offer Paul a Bentley but apparantly he cannot reach the pedals so this is going to end up with an unhappy Scot and a redundant Bentley.

My guess is that he'll stick with Leicester, "those Corsa's are great for the weekly shop" said Paul.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got myself a new pair of 'Bryan's' last night, Dickov is gonna have it.

Joe_Fox said:

I hear Portsmouth will try to woo him with a Laguna but Dickov is not into french motoring after losing a Monkey on a bet that Jean Alesi would win the Monaco Grand Prix in 1994.

so what's the offer for Blackburn then?

KTFaith said:
Joe_Fox said:

One of those mingbeast Chrysler's

A luxury coach to drive on away trips, a hot-dog van and a whippet transporter with a roof rack for the pigeon boxes....

foxybru said:
A luxury coach to drive on away trips, a hot-dog van and a whippet transporter with a roof rack for the pigeon boxes....

....A blindfold, a gag and a 96 hour road trip to Disneyland Florida in the boot of a Ford Capri.

foxybru said:

....and a Spanish flag?

Malf said:
PhilaFox said:

It's a set fee, a whopping £75,000

We are trendsetters its called Bassett's Law -'the better the player, the lower the fee'.

Malf said:
KTFaith said:
Joe_Fox said:

funny thing is he backed his mini into another car at sainsbury car park last week (genuine) gave the bloke £60 to cover it (smashed headlight)

lazzer said:
Malf said:
KTFaith said:
Joe_Fox said:

funny thing is he backed his mini into another car at sainsbury car park last week (genuine) gave the bloke £60 to cover it (smashed headlight)

Hiya Lazzer

Really? £60 is nothing!

My mate slightly scratched a cab and got a £170 bill for loss of earning etc. Thief.

Joe_Fox said:
Really? £60 is nothing!

My mate slightly scratched a cab and got a £170 bill for loss of earning etc. Thief.

Show me evidence of the £170 and show me you last tax return. :wink:

Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:
Really? £60 is nothing!

Show me evidence of the £170 and show me you last tax return. :wink:

My mate was in his Dad's car though so didn't want to go through the insurance company, he wasn't that bothered by the cash although I saw the 'crash' and I think I've done more damage to a car by resting my arm on the roof. The driver's name was S.Hussein :lol:

Sky sports are saying the dickov fee is £200'000 a snip me thinks may as well not bother giving us jack sh*t!

Carlo said:
Sky sports are saying the dickov fee is £200'000 a snip me thinks may as well not bother giving us jack sh*t!

Although SSN are saying Blackburn are going to pay 200k for Dickov, as the release fee is somewhere in the region of 75k I imagine that's all we'll get and the rest will go to his agent (like with the Heskey deal where we only got 8 million from the 11 paid, the other 3 going to his agent). The only 'bidding war' going on around Dickov would be wages I'd guess, 'cause why pay the club more than you need to?

Leigh said:
Carlo said:

Although SSN are saying Blackburn are going to pay 200k for Dickov, as the release fee is somewhere in the region of 75k I imagine that's all we'll get and the rest will go to his agent (like with the Heskey deal where we only got 8 million from the 11 paid, the other 3 going to his agent). The only 'bidding war' going on around Dickov would be wages I'd guess, 'cause why pay the club more than you need to?

Why is everybody so confident the release fee IS £75k ?

Foxes_Trust said:
Leigh said:
Carlo said:

Why is everybody so confident the release fee IS £75k ?

Do you know any different?

I think it's a figure which has been quoted many times in the media. It's between 75-150k I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757