Confirmed Transfer Hirst loaned to Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Talented young forward George Hirst has joined Championship side Rotherham United on a season-long loan deal, subject to league approval.

Hirst joined the Foxes in July 2019 and quickly become a key figure for Leicester City’s Development Squad - finding the net 13 times during their 2019/20 campaign and helping them to a second-place finish in Premier League 2.

Hirst has represented England at every youth level from Under-17 to Under-20 and finished as joint top-scorer at the 2017 Under-20 Toulon Tournament.

He will now link up with his new team-mates at Rotherham, who are next in action against Millwall at New York Stadium on Saturday as they look to build on an opening day Championship victory away to Wycombe Wanderers

Good luck to him.

I hope he will be starting regularly and getting plenty of game time. Be great to see him develop.

Still think we're light up top though. If we sign a winger then I'd be happy because we can use Perez up front when needed and as rotation for cup games etc. But now we look light on the wing and up front.

I'm yet to see any sign that he's capable of making the grade with us.

Mr Nepotism himself (NP) brought him into OHL seemingly as a favour to his mate David Hirst.

He was useless there and we basically inherited him from them. It's like inheriting your Nan's budgie.

He'll be average for them and we'll try to get rid next summer.

We were interested before he went to OHL, we basically found a loophole to avoid paying Sheffield Wednesday, we wanted him that's why he was here not because we "inherited him"

We were interested before he went to OHL, we basically found a loophole to avoid paying Sheffield Wednesday, we wanted him that's why he was here not because we "inherited him"
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

Yeah, sorry BN, that’s not how it went down at all. We did with Hirst what Tottenham did with the legendary Zeki Fryers. Foreign clubs don’t have to pay compensation for out of contract youngsters, so we got our Belgian proxy to sign him for us. Shafting Sheffield Wednesday was the plan from the start.

Yeah, sorry BN, that’s not how it went down at all. We did with Hirst what Tottenham did with the legendary Zeki Fryers. Foreign clubs don’t have to pay compensation for out of contract youngsters, so we got our Belgian proxy to sign him for us. Shafting Sheffield Wednesday was the plan from the start.
Yes, and even that isn’t the whole story. We offered them more than they were entitled to and be greedy at which point we decided to royally shaft SW.

But hasn't that always been the way? You state that Hirst was out of contract. So his advisers/ confidantes encouraged his departure from Sheffield. I have a vague recollection that Belgium laws allowed a fast track for individuals to be naturalised, for passports into the EU.‍♂️ Isn't having top class academy status just another legitimate way of poaching talent?

Well for whatever reason we ended up with the lad, be it that we either wanted him or his nan died, I hope he does well.

At least his commute to training won't be too long now as assume he be near Sheffield I imagine or stay with parents if not and dad David can go and watch him regularly too.

At least his commute to training won't be too long now as assume he be near Sheffield I imagine or stay with parents if not and dad David can go and watch him regularly too.

Doubt if even his Dad will be arsed to go and watch Rotherham, FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758