Holiday insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Anybody used Essential Travel?

Looking for decent but cheap single trip cover for a family with a couple of existing medical conditions.

Any recommendations?

Ta.

Anybody used Essential Travel?

Looking for decent but cheap single trip cover for a family with a couple of existing medical conditions.

Any recommendations?

Ta.

Not used them, but have used insureandgo before, fairly cheap cover.

Not used them, but have used insureandgo before, fairly cheap cover.

Yeah, I used them last year (or year before) but they aren't as cheap for me this time around :icon_sad:

First place I looked! (Second was those blasted Meerkats). They don't compare policies for which EMC are accommodated though - just a list of links.

The only good use for a Meerkat is roasted over an open spit. :)

Has anyone actually ever needed to claim on a policy?

Yes I have. Good job I could too. Robbing French docs decided I'd dislocated my shoulder and fractured my upper arm in 2 places while snowboarding. I'd done none of that but it still cost me £260 for them to tell me I had.

Yup twice in the same year. First time I got carried off a mountain by the rescue teams and taken to hospital when I tore my cruciate ligaments ski-ing.

5 months later, post knee op, I was cycling in france on the advice of my physiotherapist and I fell off breaking my arm and dislocating my elbow.

Both times the insurance (Egg I think, in conjunction with the european thing that used to be the E111) paid up with no quibbles.

Yup twice in the same year. First time I got carried off a mountain by the rescue teams and taken to hospital when I tore my cruciate ligaments ski-ing.

5 months later, post knee op, I was cycling in france on the advice of my physiotherapist and I fell off breaking my arm and dislocating my elbow.

Both times the insurance (Egg I think, in conjunction with the european thing that used to be the E111) paid up with no quibbles.

Might be time to settle for a week in Barmouth:icon_bigg

Dominican Republic 2005.

Hurricane Wilma hit Mexico a few days before we were due to fly home, so First Choice drafted in as many planes as possible to get holidaymakers out of Cancun.

The knock-on effect meant that our flight was delayed by 24 hours.

We got an extra day all-inclusive holiday in the Caribbean, and recieved £100 each for our inconvenience.

My Dad claimed on his insurance following a suspected heart attack in Tenerife.

They paid all his medical bills including private ambulance for a trip to the other end of the island for an angiogram, hospital accomodation for him and my Mum. My brother and I also flew out to lend our support to Mum who was finding it hard to cope, the insurance paid for our flights and accomodation (at a 5* hotel). When he was given the all clear to return home it was under the condition that he was accompanied at all times by a Dr. who flew out by BA business class from the UK and he flew back with my parents (all 3 in business class) to Gatwick, where they were all driven to Leics in a people carrier, the doc was then driven home to London. All in all the total bill was in excess of £17,000 of which they had to pay the first £100. It was done via the Co-op travel agent

My Dad claimed on his insurance following a suspected heart attack in Tenerife.

They paid all his medical bills including private ambulance for a trip to the other end of the island for an angiogram, hospital accomodation for him and my Mum. My brother and I also flew out to lend our support to Mum who was finding it hard to cope, the insurance paid for our flights and accomodation (at a 5* hotel). When he was given the all clear to return home it was under the condition that he was accompanied at all times by a Dr. who flew out by BA business class from the UK and he flew back with my parents (all 3 in business class) to Gatwick, where they were all driven to Leics in a people carrier, the doc was then driven home to London. All in all the total bill was in excess of £17,000 of which they had to pay the first £100. It was done via the Co-op travel agent

Did they bring any duty free back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Brighton13
2Arsenal13
3Liverpool13
4Manchester C  13
5Aston Villa13
6Brentford13
7Manchester U13
8Newcastle13