Homer's - 'He could do a job' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a good mate who is a spurs fan, he feels Murphy is overrated and injury prone. Think Leicester fans are getting excited about the name rather than the player. Need someone who can dictate play from midfield, has presence and skill and can score the odd goal aswell - got to be Gravesen for me.

Gravesen would be great but your dreaming, mid table premier teams are after him so why would he want to come here???

It was only a few weeks ago that Gravesen stated that he wanted to stay at Celtic and fight for his place.

We are at present a mid table championship side with very little going for us as far as pulling in premier league players. MA has probably been trying like mad to get a few quality players in the last few weeks with no results. Murphy is a London boy on premier league money with a celeb wife, why would he come here??!

IMO best thing we could do is try to grab a bargain from one of the clubs like Man city, Newcastle, West Ham etc who are trying to off load a few.

Gravesen would be great but your dreaming, mid table premier teams are after him so why would he want to come here???

It was only a few weeks ago that Gravesen stated that he wanted to stay at Celtic and fight for his place.

We are at present a mid table championship side with very little going for us as far as pulling in premier league players. MA has probably been trying like mad to get a few quality players in the last few weeks with no results. Murphy is a London boy on premier league money with a celeb wife, why would he come here??!

IMO best thing we could do is try to grab a bargain from one of the clubs like Man city, Newcastle, West Ham etc who are trying to off load a few.

And then what.............we remain a mid table side with very little going for us!!

No harm is aiming high, I think its time to bring in some real quality, we have got enough squad players - need someone who will make a real difference, not just add to the numbers

No, the thing is yes quality would be great but there is one big problem with that, quality player wont come to us!! For a quality player playing in the premiership a move to Leicester would be a step down mate.

Aim as high as you like but come friday there maybe one or two more signings but i doubt they will be quality premier league players, more like cover IMO.

Lets wait and see - I think we could end up with Adriano, Anelka and Ronaldhinio on loan, with Stephen Hughes going the other way.......??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263