Homer's Transfer Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malf

Homer me old mate, I am interested in finding out who you think we should sign? You have voiced your strong opinions on who we shouldn't sign so I was just wondering who you have in mind. Come on geezer, give us some humdingers.

I'm too much of a armchair critic to actually do some imaginative, and I HATE with a vengeance the constant stream of we should sign xyz becasue he could do a job for us blah blah blah

You may notice, however, that I've not criticised the suggestions of Novo or Hughes

My own personal preference would be to put all of our efforts into resigning Marcus Bent. He is ten times the player of anyone who has been mentioned on any thread so far (apart from bentley, but we couldn't get him anyway)

or Darren Anderton..........

homer said:
I'm too much of a armchair critic to actually do some imaginative, and I HATE with a vengeance the constant stream of we should sign xyz becasue he could do a job for us blah blah blah

You may notice, however, that I've not criticised the suggestions of Novo or Hughes

My own personal preference would be to put all of our efforts into resigning Marcus Bent. He is ten times the player of anyone who has been mentioned on any thread so far (apart from bentley, but we couldn't get him anyway)

To sign Bent on a free transfer we would have to take on his remaining contract which would mean paying him about 15-17k a year, i'd be up for it, but I doubt the club would. I'm a big fan of signing good young unproven players from the lower leagues, it's a raisk but it can prove to be very successful

Malf said:
homer said:

To sign Bent on a free transfer we would have to take on his remaining contract which would mean paying him about 15-17k a year, i'd be up for it, but I doubt the club would. I'm a big fan of signing good young unproven players from the lower leagues, it's a raisk but it can prove to be very successful

However I think it is a risk worth taking rather than signing a chancer who will jump ship at the first opportunity.

Steven said:
Malf said:
homer said:

However I think it is a risk worth taking rather than signing a chancer who will jump ship at the first opportunity.

I'm not sure. I would rather us sign Novo, Lawrence, Harley and Tiatto on £5000 a week than Bent

Steven said:

Like Scimeca

Malf said:
Steven said:
Malf said:
homer said:

I'm not sure. I would rather us sign Novo, Lawrence, Harley and Tiatto on £5000 a week than Bent

Liam Lawrence of Mansfield Town is being linked with Sunderland on a Bosman. :!: :(

Malf said:
homer said:

Me? I fooking love it pal, £15,000 a year? solid business that...

Let's face it, Bent is worth give or take £1,500,000. If we covered him £17,000 contract then that would only be £884,000 for the year. Well worth it if he can play as well as he did last season.

alex said:
Malf said:
homer said:

Me? I fooking love it pal, £15,000 a year? solid business that...

:lol: :lol: I'll get me parka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366