Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Just booked a holiday to Hong Kong with 3 mates. Ended up paying £545 for 9 nights in a 4* hotel and return flights from Heathrow - which I thought seemed like a amazing deal compared with holidaying in Europe.

Anyone ever been? If so got any advice?

Cheers.

Just booked a holiday to Hong Kong with 3 mates. Ended up paying £545 for 9 nights in a 4* hotel and return flights from Heathrow - which I thought seemed like a amazing deal compared with holidaying in Europe.

Cheers.

I have been a few times. I think it is a cracking place but a bit small. Having said that there are still loads of touristy places I have never been to. What part of Hong Kong are you staying in and when are you going? :icon_wink

I would recommend Tsingtao as the beer of your choice and the food is varied to say the least. You might want to investigate trips to the Mainland and Macao. :icon_wink

Last edited:

Cheers.

I have been several times, when I used to go there on business I stayed in the Excelsior Hotel on Hong Kong Island.
I have also had a few days holiday there a couple of times, and splashed out and stayed at The Penninsular once, a hotel you have to go to even if it's just for a beer.
Get a trip into mainland China, it's an eye opener they range from a day trip to what ever you want. Macao is good as Steven as said if you like gambling, oH and don't forget Happy Valley, for horse racing. We went at night!

I have been several times, when I used to go there on business I stayed in the Excelsior Hotel on Hong Kong Island.
I have also had a few days holiday there a couple of times, and splashed out and stayed at The Penninsular once, a hotel you have to go to even if it's just for a beer.
Get a trip into mainland China, it's an eye opener they range from a day trip to what ever you want. Macao is good as Steven as said if you like gambling, oH and don't forget Happy Valley, for horse racing. We went at night!

its not that strange to race at night under floodlights...theres such exotic tracks as kempton and wolverhampton in england that race under lights all year round

Were definitely planning a trip to mainland China, but it seems to be major hassle to get a visa. From what I've read on the Chinese embassy website its going to cost about £65 per person just for a single visit visa.

Any idea if I'd be better getting one when actually on the island? Also I'm going in June which I suspect could be ultra hot and humid - any experience of this?

its not that strange to race at night under floodlights...theres such exotic tracks as kempton and wolverhampton in england that race under lights all year round

It's BG you're talking to

He gets impressed when he sees one of them there new-fangled 'horseless carriages' that are seemingly all the rage

It's BG you're talking to

He gets impressed when he sees one of them there new-fangled 'horseless carriages' that are seemingly all the rage

aye and he still sits then in awe at the 'noisey box' he got from Comet

I have been a few times. I think it is a cracking place but a bit small. Having said that there are still loads of touristy places I have never been to. What part of Hong Kong are you staying in and when are you going? :icon_wink

I would recommend Tsingtao as the beer of your choice and the food is varied to say the least. You might want to investigate trips to the Mainland and Macao. :icon_wink

Staying in North Point at the Harbour Plaza. Looks nice enough - although most reviews say its a little out of the way.

I'm sorry HF, but I am not one of those sad ****ers who chuck their money at Bookies for entertainment.

Staying in North Point at the Harbour Plaza. Looks nice enough - although most reviews say its a little out of the way.

It is a little way out but the public transport and cabs are excellent though the tube system ticketing could be better thought out. Yes it will be humid in June, :icon_conf , it often is. :icon_wink

It is a little way out but the public transport and cabs are excellent though the tube system ticketing could be better thought out. Yes it will be humid in June, :icon_conf , it often is. :icon_wink

Can't he just take his Oyster Card?

Fantastic place and easy to get around. There is plenty to do and see and it is all close by. It's already been mentioned but Happy Valley for the racing is a must.

Get in touch with the Hong Kong tourist board, they will send you loads of info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469