How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even worse later today.

I am informed that I either pay £150 to collect the car from a compound, which isn't driveable thanks to a broken ignition barrel and would require a tow back to my house plus myself invidiually to arrange for the repairs. Thanks a lot for the Police's excellent work who wanted it to be placed into private storage to do prints rather than me pushing it back home and they do prints at my address. I expect myself to writing up a complaint any time today. Then the cheek, expect me to pay for their honour.

Or...

Get the insurance company to pay for the work. £150 excess plus the hike-up in my insurance next year and no idea when the car's going to be back in my possession.

I had a hour to make the decision and arrange for some to tow back to my house or pay them more to do it. Secondly, thirty minutes to get to the compound. If I kept in compound without making a decision, it would cost me another £20 per day.

Absolute piss-take. It's caused me more harm reporting the situation to Police than it would if I just pushed the car back home.

Last edited:
Even worse later today.

I am informed that I either pay £150 to collect the car from a compound, which isn't driveable thanks to a broken ignition barrel and would require a tow back to my house plus myself invidiually to arrange for the repairs. Thanks a lot for the Police's excellent work who wanted it to be placed into private storage to do prints rather than me pushing it back home and they do prints at my address. I expect myself to writing up a complaint any time today. Then the cheek, expect me to pay for their honour.

Or...

Get the insurance company to pay for the work. £150 excess plus the hike-up in my insurance next year and no idea when the car's going to be back in my possession.

I had a hour to make the decision and arrange for some to tow back to my house or pay them more to do it. Secondly, thirty minutes to get to the compound. If I kept in compound without making a decision, it would cost me another £20 per day.

Absolute piss-take. It's caused me more harm reporting the situation to Police than it would if I just pushed the car back home.

I had my car stolen a few years ago from right outside my house.
It was early evening and there should have been enough people activity around to have noticed something.
After contacting the police and obtaining a crime number, they showed absolutely no interest in the matter. Even when the car was found stripped of everything a day later, they did nothing. A complete waste of tax payers money.

Apparently two Black blokes, if I see them I'll tell them to head to a house stinking of alcohol.

You've lost me on that one:icon_conf

Looks like 5 working days without a car....cry..cry..cry. Fingers crossed I don't have to travel to Coventry again via train - spent 55 minutes at Nuneaton Station felt like I was in Life On Mars.

Looks like 5 working days without a car....cry..cry..cry. Fingers crossed I don't have to travel to Coventry again via train - spent 55 minutes at Nuneaton Station felt like I was in Life On Mars.

Do you know if that was a one off? What time? I start my new job in Cov on 10th Nov but my new car my not arrive until a week after, was planning on getting the train for the week, not so sure now.

Do you know if that was a one off? What time? I start my new job in Cov on 10th Nov but my new car my not arrive until a week after, was planning on getting the train for the week, not so sure now.

There are two trains an hour from Leicester to Nuneaton, but only one an hour from Nuneaton to Cov, so if you just miss one you could have a long wait. Sometimes it's quicker to go via Birmingham rather than wait at Nuneaton.

Depending on where you're going to/from you might find it's quicker to use the X6 bus.

Last edited:
There are two trains an hour from Leicester to Nuneaton, but only one an hour from Nuneaton to Cov, so if you just miss one you could have a long wait. Sometimes it's quicker to go via Birmingham rather than wait at Nuneaton.

Depending on where you're going to/from you might find it's quicker to use the X6 bus.

Leicester to Canley station, I'll have a look at the bus cheers Jeff. I have the possible option of borrowing the missuses car if it's short term but it would mean dropping her off at work (20 minutes in the opposite direction) and then trying to get back to pick her up not too late, so it's very awkward.

I missed the train by a minute. :icon_roll The connection time was just too tight and because it was one of the trains which goes to Brum and stops at every slab of concrete boasting to be a platform, it took it's time getting in.

As Jeff says you can go via Birmingham but if you buy your ticket on the day and don't let the assistant know, they give you a ticket restricting via Brum.

Can you not get a courtesy car through your insurance:102:

Couldn't afford it when purchasing my policy originally.

Under 25 and for that matter Under 21 when it comes to hire cars. Work could prove me with the works vehicle but I am too young for their insurance.

Wish I had that problem :icon_cry:

It's about time you had some bad luck, you've been 'problem free' for a while :icon_wink

Aye your right,car now on a low bed truck on its way back to the garage engine has blown up :icon_sad: .

thank **** its still covered,oil level is fine ,the RAC chap plugged his laptop in to the car and it came up with the blown engine ,which i have out is common on this model.:icon_sad:

its only a year old and done 15,455 miles ffs

On the bright side of things ive got new 7 seater being dropped off at 7pm tonight :038::038::038::038:.

thanks to my insurance.

Aye your right,car now on a low bed truck on its way back to the garage engine has blown up :icon_sad: .

thank **** its still covered,oil level is fine ,the RAC chap plugged his laptop in to the car and it came up with the blown engine ,which i have out is common on this model.:icon_sad:

its only a year old and done 15,455 miles ffs

On the bright side of things ive got new 7 seater being dropped off at 7pm tonight :038::038::038::038:.

thanks to my insurance.

How did it blow up sat on your drive? Was it spontaneous combustion? or were you passing the pub with the internet PC when it went?

How did it blow up sat on your drive? Was it spontaneous combustion? or were you passing the pub with the internet PC when it went?
:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

I suspect this is another fantasy story.

I am cancelling my RAC membership if the bloke has to identify a blown up engine with a ****ing laptop.

On another note the insurance will just pay out to change the engine not the whole ****ing car. Mind you what a response, just over 90 minutes from calling RAC out to getting a new car, must be a record of some sort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610