how to run a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagandeep

i read this article on sunderlands website.

McCarthy said: "He is another young lad I have had watched in the past year and who I have watched myself in the reserves. I've seen him on a number of occasions and always liked him.
"Short-term, all of the lads I have signed could go straight into the team, I have no doubt about that. But I'm also laying the foundations for the next three or four years.
"I could still play a very experienced team, but I am quite excited about the young lads I have been able to bring to the club this summer."

this is the way to run a club, not signing old players, laying the foundations for 3.4 years. after reading that i think connoly will probably go to sunderland.

this is the link http://www.sunderlandtoday.co.uk/ViewArtic...rticleID=824538

Mick McCarthy is hardly a shining light on how to run a football club though is he? not a top class manager IMO.He seems to be an advocate of the ''hoof'' it up to the big man style of football,not that MA isn't :wink:

I think what Mccarthy is saying is he has a good set of youngsters coming up through the ranks at the club which of course is a good thing but he would be the first to admit that they wouldnt all be put straight in the team together, thats what the experienced players are for to help them through and learn new things. I think we have the same thing at City. We have a good set of youngsters with plenty of potential and thats all it is "Potential", if i was manager i certainly wouldnt risk them straight away. Bring them on gently in to the reserves and then gradually as a sub in the first team.

gagandeep said:

McCarthy said: "He is another young lad I have had watched in the past year and who I have watched myself in the reserves. I've seen him on a number of occasions and always liked him.
"Short-term, all of the lads I have signed could go straight into the team, I have no doubt about that. But I'm also laying the foundations for the next three or four years.
"I could still play a very experienced team, but I am quite excited about the young lads I have been able to bring to the club this summer."

this is the way to run a club, not signing old players, laying the foundations for 3.4 years. after reading that i think connoly will probably go to sunderland.

I would argue that we are doing the exact same thing at Leicester, except our youngsters might even be better (time will tell). We have Canero, Morris, Stearman, Mawene(if the deal comes off), Williams, Heath, Wright, Stewart. Thats eight so far. You can only have 11 players per team. There is plenty to look forward to at LCFC, and I would argue that MA is trying to build the foundations for the future by signing all of these young players. Sunderland wanted Williams, they put a bid in for him. We offered 3 times more money for this guy (personal terms)...I think we are in the better position and I also believe that Connolly will see that.

Sunderland may have offered W-Ham a higher bid for Connolly, but I'm betting the personal terms we offer will be far more attractive.
8)

As for the source you have quoted...its from the Sunderland Website...pure propaganda to keep the fans happy and to sell tickets. We are looking good mate...Micky is no fool :D

One final thing...why lay the foundations for 3.4 years? why point 4 of a year? :lol:

highland fox said:
Mick McCarthy is hardly a shining light on how to run a football club though is he? not a top class manager IMO.He seems to be an advocate of the ''hoof'' it up to the big man style of football,not that MA isn't :wink:

As a Republic of Ireland fan I really like McCarthy...however, in our world cup match against Spain we were playing against ten men in extra time because one of the spanish players came off injured...McCarthy didn't notice this and even admitted it...I think that is pretty unforgivable in a manager. To not know how many players the opposition has is shocking :shock:

gagandeep said:

I'm not even going to warrent this stupid post with a detailed response. Moaning ******* ***** ***** ****OFF.

Bloody hell, one comment and suddenly this is the way to run a club eh?

I tell you a way to run a club if you like, and that is when in administration, gaining promotion to the Premier League and with the funding that brings being able to secure funds which keep our beloved club existance until the next TwattyTaylor comes along to try and ruin it...

Then, take a bit of honesty, hard work and endeavour and try to gamble on 12 players with experience at playing at this level in an attempt to stay a Premiership side, at the same time working hard to buy a few chosen young players in Canero and Morris to keep things ticking over, while keeping an eye on developments in the Youth Team and reserves and when time is ready Heath, promoting them to the 1st Team.

McCarthy has as yet done **** all at 'big club' Sunderland, so if this one comment is supposed to show us how to run a club then that's very disappointing....

alex said:
Bloody hell, one comment and suddenly this is the way to run a club eh?

I tell you a way to run a club if you like, and that is when in administration, gaining promotion to the Premier League and with the funding that brings being able to secure funds which keep our beloved club existance until the next TwattyTaylor comes along to try and ruin it...

Then, take a bit of honesty, hard work and endeavour and try to gamble on 12 players with experience at playing at this level in an attempt to stay a Premiership side, at the same time working hard to buy a few chosen young players in Canero and Morris to keep things ticking over, while keeping an eye on developments in the Youth Team and reserves and when time is ready Heath, promoting them to the 1st Team.

McCarthy has as yet done **** all at 'big club' Sunderland, so if this one comment is supposed to show us how to run a club then that's very disappointing....

POW :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758