Post Match Huddersfield 1:4 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice Maddison and Youri doing one of their hotshot handshake type thingies? I’m hoping this shows Youri is really enjoying his time here, as it can only help in our efforts to sign him permanently.

Even if I’m too old to appreciate these things, I like that they show the players seem to enjoy playing together.
I’d rather they show it in different ways. Can’t stand those ****ing ridiculous handshakes.

They’re grown men FFS.

I was very much a Puel-outer but I'm not convinced by Rodgers yet. Time will tell if this is just the new manager bounce that most clubs tend to start off with after a change of leadership or if Rodgers is capable of getting us into Europe. We have been playing some good stuff and are of course fairing much better against the mid to lower teams that we were all so unhappy with under Puel's reign. I'm really looking forward to seeing how we fare in those last few games against some of the top 6 whereas I was dreading them under Puel. Maybe we can gauge from that how competitive we might be next season?
Interesting point.

I seem to remember us playing perhaps 6 or 7 excellent games under Puel in his first ten in charge. It really looked promising and most of us were wondering what Soton fans were talking about. Then it all started to go downhill.

Point being that the first 10 games aren’t always what you’re going to get. However, Rodgers has breathed fresh life into the team and seems aware enough to know where the real quality in the team is.
He’s made a good impact. I’m hoping it continues…

Also - just watching the highlights again - what is Hamer actually being paid for? He didn’t seem to make any kind of attempt to stop any of the shots.

Or maybe they were all just phenomenal shots.
Alls I Know is if they’d all gone past Kasper in that way we’d be lambasting him.

Also - just watching the highlights again - what is Hamer actually being paid for? He didn’t seem to make any kind of attempt to stop any of the shots.

Or maybe they were all just phenomenal shots.
Alls I Know is if they’d all gone past Kasper in that way we’d be lambasting him.

He made a good save using his face.

I thought the penalty was harsh having watched it back, he got to the ball first, but I think having slipped it looked like a bit of a desperate tackle. I can't help thinking that putting his hands up made him look guilty.

While it could be the new manager bounce, and I think it will be next season before we get an accurate impression of what we can achieve under Rodgers, he is clearly a better motivator, and I haven't felt that the team were enjoying themselves so much since our title winning season.

Anyone else notice Maddison and Youri doing one of their hotshot handshake type thingies? I’m hoping this shows Youri is really enjoying his time here, as it can only help in our efforts to sign him permanently.

Even if I’m too old to appreciate these things, I like that they show the players seem to enjoy playing together.

Me too. I generally prefer present day football but would prefer a brief well done when people score

With certain modern footballers - Gray, Ghezzal - I am reminded of American hosts in Las Vegas who asked if I would like to visit the Liberace museum. I explained an old English phrase - "a big girls blouse"

As for when a player is substituted - oh dear!. I got on well with my bosses and liked them but I am relieved none of them ever tried to hug me.

Me too. I generally prefer present day football but would prefer a brief well done when people score

With certain modern footballers - Gray, Ghezzal - I am reminded of American hosts in Las Vegas who asked if I would like to visit the Liberace museum. I explained an old English phrase - "a big girls blouse"

As for when a player is substituted - oh dear!. I got on well with my bosses and liked them but I am relieved none of them ever tried to hug me.

Things were different in the seventies...

He confirms that you need goggles then. Have you decided which style you’re going for?
It’s a penalty. Perhaps those who think it’s not need the goggles, no?

It’s a penalty. Perhaps those who think it’s not need the goggles, no?

I still stand by the fact that Soyuncu got nothing of the ball. The angle from behind shows that clearly enough.

You’re main point was that he didn’t touch the ball. Dermot Gallagher disagrees with you in that article you posted. Those who think it’s not a penalty might have got the law of the game wrong. They don’t need goggles though.

You’re main point was that he didn’t touch the ball. Dermot Gallagher disagrees with you in that article you posted.
Maybe he needs some goggles then.

Ok sky sports have highlights on right now. Maybe he did nick the ball whilst stamping on his foot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757