Post Match Hull 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I'm looking forward to next week now. There was a guy behind me last season who used to scream about how crap Kante was. He's going to love the alternative.

Not looking sharp. Called it before but poor pre-season running around on a marketing exercise wasn't good for us.

Poor defensively. Needs to get a lot better but I always think a win on the open day is important and sets the tone.

Need defensive reinforcements

We've defended ineptly all pre season. This shouldn't have come as a shock. My fears about this game have come to light. I was that concerned I put £20 on Tigers

Didn't think we'd miss Kante so much.

A right kick up the backside. We thought we were better than we are.

Is that another record we broke, 1st champions to lose 1st game as champions.
Lot of hard work ahead
Early days

Hard to pick the worst performance from that. Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, Fuchs all absolutely awful.

A shockingly bad, horrific performance with no silver lining. Even go as far as to be concerned about the mental approach. We were everything we took advantage of in other teams last year. Complacent, ponderous, and dare I say arrogant.

King is no replacement for Kante, and we badly missed Shinji.

Desperate stuff.

One team looked together, fit and committed.

The other team looked desperately short of fitness and sharpness.

I think they were canny with the pitch. The grass was too long and it was too dry to stop the ball flowing. But we were horribly bad at coping with a very average opposition today.

Easily our worst performance in the league under Ranieri.

Everything missing from what has made us great last season and shows how much our defence and midfield still think Kante is bossing the middle of the park

We gave away far, far too many sloppy free kicks today and then defended them badly.

Dare I say it, but those sloppy free kicks were in the area Kante would've mopped up last season.

I'm going to struggle to get angry about crap performances after what they gave us last season. I think winning the league has broken me.

Observations: I think we missed Albrighton's defensive qualities, Okazaki's pressing and I think playing 4-4-2 will be a struggle without Kante.

Emotions: Not really bothered.

Un-nice.

Got to get Huth, Shinji and Albrighton back in for the next game. Bring in Mendy for King.

Hopefully Huth coming back will sort the defence out. Morgan spent more time telling his new defensive partner what to do than actually defending. Could've had several in the first half but second half was unbelievable. Shinji and Albrighton need to return I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263