Hull City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

I know it is early but it can serve as a pre match thread as well. ;)

Likely line up. :102:

Henderson

Stearman
McAuley
Kisnorbo
Johansson

Hughes
Tiatto
Williams
Porter

Hume
Hammond

Subs:

Logan
McCarthy
Maybury
Wesolowski
Fryatt

not many changes needed, just someone else instead of Low.

It's telling that the last decent run we had was on the basis of a fairly settled side, and the bad run came at a time where he was required to change the team every week for one reason or another. And this mini-run has come about with a fairly settled side.

the other 'coincidental' factor is of course that Fryatt was injured during our last decent run, and has been dropped for the last 3 games....

I think that Low will be dropped today, with Hughes replacing him if he's fit, or if not Maybury playing there.

Cmon Santa, another Christmas pressie for us all today!

Last edited:
I'm gonna go for us to lose... just because we've not done it for a few games, and we do crap on Boxing Days.

Possibly an undistinguished draw. :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

A puff piece from the OS. ;)

No Fresh Doubts

Leicester City boss Rob Kelly says he doesn't envisage making any wholesale changes for his side's Championship encounter against Hull City on Boxing Day.

The Foxes go into the game on the back of a three match unbeaten run - which has seen them gain victories over Wolves and Barnsley and concede just one goal in the process.

And following Saturday's 0-0 draw with Cardiff, Kelly confirmed that he had no fresh injury worries going into the Tigers clash.

He said: "We didn't pick up any serious knocks against Cardiff, which is good news.

"We will have a look at the squad again before the game on Tuesday, but I wouldn't envisage too many changes.

"One of the pluses of our squad is that with them being so young they do recover pretty quickly.

"We knew all along that we would face a hectic schedule of games over the Christmas period, so we have mapped it all out. We know how we will recover and prepare for these games."

Hull currently sit five places below the Foxes in the Championship table in 22nd position, but like Leicester they have experienced something of an upturn of form under the stewardship of caretaker boss Phil Brown.

Kelly added: "It will be a tough game - as they all are in this division.

"I would think that there will be big crowd there and I am sure there will be a good atmosphere. It's a big challenge for us.

"We will be aware of Hull, but in the end we will do what we can do.

"We are positive. We were disappointed to get a 0-0 draw with Cardiff on Saturday, but you have to look at the bigger picture. We have taken seven points out of nine and have kept two clean sheets on the back of a poor run. We now need to build on that. We are looking forward to the game."

From the OS. ;)

Just One Change For Hull Clash

City boss Rob Kelly has made just one change to the starting line up that drew 0-0 with Cardiff on Saturday for the Boxing Day encounter at Hull.

In comes Stephen Hughes for Josh Low, who drops out of the 16 completely.

Paul Henderson continues in goal, with a back four of Alan Maybury, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley and Nisse Johansson playing in front of him from right to left.

Hughes, Danny Tiatto, Gareth Williams and Levi Porter make up the Leicester midfield, with Elvis Hammond and Iain Hume named in attack.

Former City man Damien Delaney lines up at centre half for the home side.

City: Henderson, Maybury, Kisnorbo ©, McAuley, Johansson, Hughes, Williams, Tiatto, Porter, Hume, Hammond.
Subs: Logan, Wesolowski, Fryatt, Stearman, McCarthy.

Hull: Myhill, Bridges, Marney, France, Dawson, Delaney, Coles, Ashbee (c), Livermore, Fagan, Ricketts.
Subs: Duke, Forster, Turner, Elliott, Parkin.

Deffo peno why no Red Card? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69