Hunting In The Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

San

Does anyone feel taking 1 or 2 of the forest lads (yet again :-D ) for next season might help us? Kris Kommons and Gareth Taylor were probably the only thing the Trees had going for them last season, and in a struggling team, they did quite well. . . again they wouldnt cost so much and at worst could be squad players, i doubt they would want to play the likes of Yeovil each week?!

David Johnson is another who is on a free, but doesnt look the part anymore after his injuries. i believe he was a target when MON was in charge?

However, hopefully the player turnover this year will be low compared to the last couple of years. .we need to be well prepared come next season! :smt066

Johnson is reported to be on £8,000 a week, I don't think we could afford that, so unless the trees pay him to leave he can stay there and pick up his wages every week. He only scored 6 goals in 40 games this season, so he'd be a huge risk for any club.

Commons (with a C) is reported to be on his way to West Brom - there are rumours that another Premiership club are interested. So I doubt he'd come here.

A lot of tree fans reckon Taylor is rubbish, and are surprised Megson wants to keep him - although they reckon he's improved now he's playing at the back.

Wes Morgan is probably one of their best players, I wouldn't mind having him, but he's another one they want to keep. But if they can't get rid of the likes of Johnson, King and Rogers they may be forced to sell their better players on the cheap.

Brauny Blue said:
But if they can't get rid of the likes of Johnson, King and Rogers they may be forced to sell their better players on the cheap.

Breaks my heart :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit like us three years ago - we couldn't get rid of the highest earners and had to get rid of Matt Piper instead. But we managed to get a good price for him, I can't imaigine any of their players fetching decent money.

webmaster said:
Brauny Blue said:
But if they can't get rid of the likes of Johnson, King and Rogers they may be forced to sell their better players on the cheap.

Breaks my heart :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit like us three years ago - we couldn't get rid of the highest earners and had to get rid of Matt Piper instead. But we managed to get a good price for him, I can't imaigine any of their players fetching decent money.

In hindsight, that was an amazing piece of business.

not surprised WBA are after Kriss Commons he is young and has a mean strike on him, if we could afford him i'd say lets have him but never mind. the rest of the forest shit can go down with the scum.cheerio

Well Alan Rogers has been listed and Andy Impey released on a free - they could "do a job" for you (cleaning the bogs?). I'm not sure there's anyone really who would (i) be any use to you and (ii) be affordable.

We don't actually need to sell - our chairman has decided to pay off our overdraft out of his own pocket and has said that the wage budget will remain the same for next season. We've just released 12 players and listed 5 others (incl. Johnson, King, Rogers), so the focus now will be adding to the squad.

Commons is the pick but is under contract, has excited Premiership interest, and would only be sold if we got a hefty offer. He says he wants to stay (but you take such statements with plenty of salt). I can't imagine you'll be paying seven-figure fees.

Morgan would also be an asset to you - very promising (though raw). Has great strength but needs to be careful not to get muscle-bound. Could either become a good Premiership centre-half or merely a limited lower league stopper. If you've got £500-750k knocking about, you might be able to prise him away (he is supposedly reluctant to drop a division).

Johnson has shot it - one injury too many and can barely run now. This in turn means that he stuggles to get his general fitness right. I hope someone takes a chance on him based on reputation because he is, as has been said, on big wages.

The most promising have been the youngsters James Perch and Ross Gardner, but we want them to remain secret for now - hands off.

If you were looking to take a risk, Marlon King will be available for a nominal fee. Has plenty of talent, but an attitude problem. If you could get his head right though he's potentially one of the best strikers in the division.

Gareth Taylor will only be effective if you have two out-and-out wingers providing the crosses. he is an exceptional header of a ball but can do little else (has looked decent at centre-half though). He seems to be Megson's golden boy - he's recently been made captain and will be retained I think.

Trentside Toby said:
Well Alan Rogers has been listed and Andy Impey released on a free - they could "do a job" for you (cleaning the bogs?). I'm not sure there's anyone really who would (i) be any use to you and (ii) be affordable.

We don't actually need to sell - our chairman has decided to pay off our overdraft out of his own pocket and has said that the wage budget will remain the same for next season. We've just released 12 players and listed 5 others (incl. Johnson, King, Rogers), so the focus now will be adding to the squad.

Commons is the pick but is under contract, has excited Premiership interest, and would only be sold if we got a hefty offer. He says he wants to stay (but you take such statements with plenty of salt). I can't imagine you'll be paying seven-figure fees.

Morgan would also be an asset to you - very promising (though raw). Has great strength but needs to be careful not to get muscle-bound. Could either become a good Premiership centre-half or merely a limited lower league stopper. If you've got £500-750k knocking about, you might be able to prise him away (he is supposedly reluctant to drop a division).

Johnson has shot it - one injury too many and can barely run now. This in turn means that he stuggles to get his general fitness right. I hope someone takes a chance on him based on reputation because he is, as has been said, on big wages.

The most promising have been the youngsters James Perch and Ross Gardner, but we want them to remain secret for now - hands off.

If you were looking to take a risk, Marlon King will be available for a nominal fee. Has plenty of talent, but an attitude problem. If you could get his head right though he's potentially one of the best strikers in the division.

Gareth Taylor will only be effective if you have two out-and-out wingers providing the crosses. he is an exceptional header of a ball but can do little else (has looked decent at centre-half though). He seems to be Megson's golden boy - he's recently been made captain and will be retained I think.

Must be a humbling experience TT, offering Leicester City the pick of your squad, didn't you win a European trophy once???......

There's not one Forest player I would want.Commons looked good only because he was in such a poor side IMO.

Trentside Toby said:

Jesus Christ you got a hard time coming up..... :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4467