• Scimeca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

this before (nice touch Scowie, your design this post), but please vote on the best signing MA has made.....

For me McKinlay shades Thatch, but that's down to last Season as well...

londonfox said:
Riccy Scimeca...

Agree. Thatcher and Scimeca are very close in my eyes, but Scimeca shades it just for the fact he has been excellent in both Midfield, and particulary defence. I couldn't see him playing there when Micky purchased him, but he has done a great job in the centre of defence since the Wolves game. Him and Howey have struck up a really good relationship - Let's hope they both return for Everton.

nice touch Scowie, your design this post

I know - Learn from the master...... :wink:

I think Thatcher is easily the best signing, followed by scimeca.
Thatcher is a great footballer and very talented, Micky has saved his career and made him one of the most reliable players at the club.

Sorry, just can`t make a choice, Thatcher is pure quality, a tough uncompromising defender who always seems to be in control. Scimeca, another cracking player very versitile, comfortable on the ball and has a superb reading of the game, Howey, a player most of us thought was a bad signing, how dare we question micky Adams, Steve has proved to be a brilliant centre half, strong in the tackle and damn near unbeatable in the air, we can see now how he got into the England team, and good old Billy Mac, I really did`nt expect to see him at all this season but he, more than anyone has turned our season around, a more disceplined midfielder you will never see, sits in and protects the back 4, breaks up opposing attacks and sets ours in motion, he`s made himself bluddy difficult to leave out. sorry for waffeling on, I`ll go back to my cage now :wink:

id hav to say thatcher, not sure how it would be with the current back 4 but before the wolves game the defence just didnt look anywhere near as good without thatcher. the others hav all been excellent though

It is a tought one isn't it? Do we all think Thatch and Scimeca definitely better than Billy? I did at first, but actually he has been unbelievable to this football club, playing for free even and wanting to fight for his contract when others (Summerbee) either didn't have the fight or talent.

I think McKinlay who cost f all, has really proved himself recently, when with the combination of him and Thatch back we looked solid again. A model pro and great servant....

A lot of us on here seem to dismiss Billy Mac as a squad player.....I think he is more than that. Since he's been involved from the Blackburn game, it is no co-incidence that we haven't conceded a goal from open play, because he does such a terrific job in that anchor role. He is so disciplined, and he will more often that not break up opposition attacks, and he distributes the ball well when he has it.

A great foil for Muzzy. :)

its absolutely unbelievable what happened to billy mac's career, how he was just cast aside from football for a while. i mean this is a guy who featured heavily in a premier league winning squad and played about 30 times for scotland back in the days when they were a decent international team. he has been an amazing player for us and the only reason i rate thatcher above him is that we also hav callum davidson who can do as good a job as billy mac, whereas im not sure anyone else can fill thatchers role at the minute

Country Fox said:
its absolutely unbelievable what happened to billy mac's career, how he was just cast aside from football for a while. i mean this is a guy who featured heavily in a premier league winning squad and played about 30 times for scotland back in the days when they were a decent international team. he has been an amazing player for us and the only reason i rate thatcher above him is that we also hav callum davidson who can do as good a job as billy mac, whereas im not sure anyone else can fill thatchers role at the minute

Davidson can both play left back and centre midfiled, so in effect he can play the roles of both McKinlay and Thatcher if needed.

true, but i think callums a better defensive midfielder than left back at the minute

Country Fox said:
true, but i think callums a better defensive midfielder than left back at the minute

I suppose you could say that based on his recent performances, however, he's not had the chance to play left back for a long time due to injuries. He's a very competent left back IMO, and that was his original position anyway. It was Basset who first introduced Davidson as a midfielder in our relegation season, and he did a terrific job there. I'm just glad that he's nearly match fit now because I think he's great player to have in your squad. :)

I voted for Thatcher, but now I'm not too sure because Scimeca is exquisite in defence and in midfield. Nicking him from Forest was satisfying as well!

Too right!!! Stealing quality from Forest is lovely.....Dawson and Reid would be welcome...(I think, they've gone shit now Forest haven't they?)

On this matter, I see Marlon's not on much anymore...

alex said:
Too right!!! Stealing quality from Forest is lovely.....Dawson and Reid would be welcome...(I think, they've gone shit now Forest haven't they?)

On this matter, I see Marlon's not on much anymore...

Who can blame him? It's finally hit home that Forest are a mediocre first division club with no chance of progress....... :lol:

i can't beleive les has been lest off, fare enough he's an old man, but hes our top goal scorer in the league and has scored scomthing like 6 in 10 starts! the man is class and for his age is doing superbly!

Thatcher is easily the best signing made by Micky, amazing player! Thatcher for england!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757