I Think It Is A Shame We Weren't More Patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Think Its A Great Shame That Craig Has Gone. He Was Building For The Future But Sadly Its Not What We Need Right Now. We Need Results Right Now And The Only To Achieve That Is To Get Some Strong Character In And Install Some Dicipline. Peter Reid Would Fire Them Up.

i agree Reid is useless he will fire them up, then get bored and then open a bottle

I saw a photo of a dead horse the other day

south botom loarns said:
I Think Its A Great Shame That Craig Has Gone. He Was Building For The Future But Sadly Its Not What We Need Right Now. We Need Results Right Now And The Only To Achieve That Is To Get Some Strong Character In And Install Some Dicipline. Peter Reid Would Fire Them Up.

Why Do You Write Like This?

Because He Wants To Perhaps? :icon_roll

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe that a lot of the work Craig has done will pay off in the future, it's just a shame that for whatever reason results over the last 10 games have been awfull, but is time for a change.

1966 said:
I do believe that a lot of the work Craig has done will pay off in the future, it's just a shame that for whatever reason results over the last 10 games have been awfull, but is time for a change.

no doubt some of the players he has brought in should one day play in the Premiership (for us hopefully). just hope the next manager will correctly sift through those who have that potential and those who are shite.

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
no doubt some of the players he has brought in should one day play in the Premiership (for us hopefully). just hope the next manager will correctly sift through those who have that potential and those who are shite.

Yes - absolutely: I think we should open a 'thank you Craig' book for the man who brought us Sylla, Kisnorbo, Hammond, Gilbert, Hammill...all are potential premiership stars of the future. Why Chelsea aren't coming in for them in the transfer window astonishes me.

Lets put this into context, yes Levein did a good job of :

1) Reducing the budget

2) Introducing younger players on longer contracts.

3) Bringing through academy players into the reserves and first team.

4) Leaving the incoming manager with a talented base to build from.

But he also failed badly in the following areas :

1) 22nd and in the relegation zone of the championship.

2) Six straight league defeats and 2 points from possible 30.

3) Only 5 league wins from 30 matches this season.

4) Only 2 away league victories in his tenure as manager.

A pretty mixed bag, undoubtedly Levein has left a talented and young squad, a decent platform to build on, however he has also left us in real danger of relegation to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history. I dont believe his time in charge was a complete disaster, as there are a number of positives that can be attributed to his time as manager, however it was plainly obvious that he was out of his depth in a matchday scenario and that he had greatly underestimated the championship, the time was right for him to move on, he had purchased many of the right parts but couldnt seem to be able to piece them together.

IMO he should leave neither loathed nor loved.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Lets put this into context, yes Levein did a good job of :

In the simplest terms, the club has continued to decline under Levein as a consequence of the financial impact of relegation from the premiership.

Levein did some good things but the results on the pitch - where it matters - were shockingly bad.

Its going to take quite a person to turn things round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757