IF we go down

If we go down what will face us?

• Become a yoyo team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

m~james

Which almost certain now (But City PLEASE go ahead and prove me wrong!) do you think we will bounce straight back up or just linger in Div 1 for a couple of season?

-To be fair if we go down there are gonna be alot of players leaving, so i've put "Linger in Div 1 for a couple of seasons"

P.S; There was another option on my poll which was "Drop down the league(s) and turn into dare I say it the sheep or trees" but I have tried putting this option in about 3 times now and it won't appear in my poll!

I think we we can bacically hold on to a majority of the players in the team today we should be ok. Yeah Muzz will leave but that means we've got 30,000 a week off our wage bill in one big old go. I think we will be able to hold on to a lot of these players and so long as the support is still good then I am confident that we can cruise that leauge!

Its looking more of a When we are relegated than a If now. sorry to say it but its true, we've left it too late!

Also to add the other option on the poll you have to hit add option, wait for the page to realod then click submit!

become a yo-yo team?
:?

Aye MK could be the case, bloody hope not i think we still have a fighting chance though but todays defeat was a massive blow and we should be taking three points if we are stay up against teams like Fulham at home.

rotherhamfox said:
Aye MK could be the case, bloody hope not i think we still have a fighting chance though but todays defeat was a massive blow and we should be taking three points if we are stay up against teams like Fulham at home.

Especially when they were as poor as they were today!

Dont kid yourself, we are down, and until we have a manager that selects his team on ability and not on pesonality that is where will stay.

Get scowcroft OFF

Fox Fan said:
I think we we can bacically hold on to a majority of the players in the team today we should be ok. Yeah Muzz will leave but that means we've got 30,000 a week off our wage bill in one big old go. I think we will be able to hold on to a lot of these players and so long as the support is still good then I am confident that we can cruise that leauge!

Its looking more of a When we are relegated than a If now. sorry to say it but its true, we've left it too late!

Another reality check needed here !

If we do go down (still an if with a 3 point difference with 3 sides above), we will not keep the majority of players. There are 11 players out of contract & very few will be retained. The club will not able to have a Premiership size squad in Div 1. Another re-build will be required but with younger players.

Foxes_Trust said:
Fox Fan said:

Another reality check needed here !

If we do go down (still an if with a 3 point difference with 3 sides above), we will not keep the majority of players. There are 11 players out of contract & very few will be retained. The club will not able to have a Premiership size squad in Div 1. Another re-build will be required but with younger players.

Ah yes, I know that but instead of getting rid of these players who are on £5 - £8k a week im saying we should get rid of some of the fringde players who are on well more than that (Muzzy :cry: , Elliott, Jones, Sinco, Gillespie (Pray), Scowy) and use the money saved to keep the rest!

Also all the players we got in the close season were unwanted by other clubs (except Bent who I suspect may be offered a move to a Charlton or a Blues).

Fox Fan said:
Ah yes, I know that but instead of getting rid of these players who are on £5 - £8k a week im saying we should get rid of some of the fringde players who are on well more than that (Muzzy :cry: , Elliott, Jones, Sinco, Gillespie (Pray), Scowy) and use the money saved to keep the rest!

Players like Elliott who are still under contract will only leave if another club wants them and can afford their wages. Elliott was made available on a free transfer two years ago and no one would have him, so what makes you think someone will want him now?
You can say the same thing about other players like Benjamin and Scowcroft. Based on this season's performances they're not good enough for clubs that can afford them, so we'll be stuck with them unless we they're prepared to take a pay cut.

Other players who are out of contract (like Sinclair) will not be offered a new contract - or if they are it will be on much lower wages.

Fox Fan said:

Of those listed above only 2 are out of contract, the others have a season left to run. The more likely departures are the out of contract players who are:

Rogers, Impey, Sinclair, Lewis, Ferdinand, Izzet, Heath, Fruend, McKinlay, Guppy, Dabizas and Hignett

Regardless of us staying up or going down we need to 'clear the decks' in the summer there is too much deadwood in the squad.I'd like to see Freund,Bent,Ferdinand and Muzzy stay regardless of which League we are in.

Marlon said:
Shouldn't this say When you go down ?

Are you confident f*rest will stay up?

Their remaining games are all against teams battling for promotion (Millwall, Ipswich, Wigan and West Brom), so they could lose all of them and end up pipping the sheep to the last relegation place.

webmaster said:
Are you confident f*rest will stay up?
Yep.

We have lost only twice under BFJ.

Millwall are distracted by the Cup final, Wigan are beatable as are Ipswich.

We are 4 points clear (5 with goal difference). For us to go down, we would have to lose the last 4 and that just aint going to happen.

See you next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758