If......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby

...Dickov goes then it will resemble the end of a thing called loyalty in football. Only a few names spring to mind when loyalty and football occur in the same sentance. Matt li-tissier (can't spell it) and of coarse Muzzy who had the dignity to see out his contract. If Paul goes after all this club has done for him, brought him into our club and re-generated his career when no1 would have him then stood by him through the La Manga scandle. Since he came he has give 100% to this club and it would be a crying shame for him to turn his back on our wonderfull club now.

My bad people hadn't realise the number of threads on this topic allready, i havn't been on for a while and when i do im usually quite a quiet forum member. but if he does goe then the chants shud be "judas" on his return. bye 4 now

just by him talking to other clubs is a kick in the hole.
scots, you just can't trust them... :wink:

He does owe this club something, and somthing damn big! He may well of been playing in the second division if we hadn't come in for him. whatsmore he owes somthing to MA and DB for saving him when no one else would! And right now I think thats whats stopping him leaving for another club.

sheffield_fox said:
and how do you come to that conclusion craig?

Because he hasn't treated this club badly, he arguably got us promoted single handidly a couple of seasons ago so you could argue he doesn't owe us anything as he's been brilliant for us.

Malf said:
sheffield_fox said:
and how do you come to that conclusion craig?

Because he hasn't treated this club badly, he arguably got us promoted single handidly a couple of seasons ago so you could argue he doesn't owe us anything as he's been brilliant for us.

is your name craig? :wink: :wink:

He may have been brilliant for us on the pitch but this isn't necessarily about football. Its about the fact that the fans, players and manager could have all turned against him after la manga but they didn't they stuck by him, defended him through everything that was thrown at him. For me, it would feel like it was all for nothing if he leaves so I do have the feeling that he owes us his loyalty just for this coming season if nothing else.

sheffield_fox said:
He may have been brilliant for us on the pitch but this isn't necessarily about football. Its about the fact that the fans, players and manager could have all turned against him after la manga but they didn't they stuck by him, defended him through everything that was thrown at him. For me, it would feel like it was all for nothing if he leaves so I do have the feeling that he owes us his loyalty just for this coming season if nothing else.

Your right, but the fact he will be taking a huge pay cut means he might have no choice but to go elsewhere when he is offered alot more money by other teams. It's bad, but that's life. Everyone is out to get more money, you are, I am and Dickov probably is too.

Paul Dickov has been through a lot at this club. Maybe he wants a clean break? If i'd been through what he had, then i would... Administration (Pay cuts etc), La Manga, Relegation... That's a lot to go through in 18 months, he's more than repaid us with his goals and, if he hadn't scored them you wouldn't all be be wating him to stay so desparately that you call him unloyal... He's been through bad times at this club, and probably deserves better, can no-one else see that?

Craig said:
Paul Dickov has been through a lot at this club. Maybe he wants a clean break? If i'd been through what he had, then i would... Administration (Pay cuts etc), La Manga, Relegation... That's a lot to go through in 18 months, he's more than repaid us with his goals and, if he hadn't scored them you wouldn't all be be wating him to stay so desparately that you call him unloyal... He's been through bad times at this club, and probably deserves better, can no-one else see that?

He's got about 2 decent seasons left & must recognise that we now have a threadbare squad with little or no prospects of bringing in anyone except those unwanted by clubs that have been fincancially better managed.

In the circumstances it's understandable that he moves on - he's done well here but he's hardly top drawer material (as compared to Muzzy) & wouldn't be a force by the time we get promoted again -so its not such a big deal IMO.

Redditch Fox said:
Craig said:

He's got about 2 decent seasons left & must recognise that we now have a threadbare squad with little or no prospects of bringing in anyone except those unwanted by clubs that have been fincancially better managed.

In the circumstances it's understandable that he moves on - he's done well here but he's hardly top drawer material (as compared to Muzzy) & wouldn't be a force by the time we get promoted again -so its not such a big deal IMO.
Oh but it is a big deal... I love Dickov, and he will get us up and keep us up if he stays... which he will :wink:

Craig said:
Redditch Fox said:
Craig said:

Oh but it is a big deal... I love Dickov, and he will get us up and keep us up if he stays... which he will :wink:

Course he will - but because no one else in the world thinks that all three of your predictions will come true - you must hurry to the bookies and put all your cash on the above treble forecast then you will never need to work again!!

Redditch Fox said:
Craig said:
Redditch Fox said:
Craig said:

Course he will - but because no one else in the world thinks that all three of your predictions will come true - you must hurry to the bookies and put all your cash on the above treble forecast then you will never need to work again!!
No Faith :roll: :wink:

Craig said:
Redditch Fox said:
Craig said:
Redditch Fox said:
Craig said:

No Faith :roll: :wink:

The term 'Keep the Faith' looks slightly hollow at the moment, I'm sorry to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757