I'm excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus bent

I am excited about the forthcoming season and I think Williams will be our key player this season. i would not be suprised to see him made captain.

Tiatto and Dublin are also good buys but Wilcox I see will be more of a squad player.

Since I pissed you all of the other day I will say we are trying for some good under 27 players and we are looking likely to get them. I think we need a RB, CB, CM, CF, LB

Im excited

Good Post Marcus.... theres hope yet that some young blood will be coming in, did you miss a keeper of your list?

marcus bent said:
Since I pissed you all of the other day.....
No. :roll: All you did was ruin your credibility. :roll: :wink:

marcus bent said:
Since I pissed you all of the other day I will say we are trying for some good under 27 players and we are looking likely to get them. I think we need a RB, CB, CM, CF, LB

After that post the other day, I don't believe you. You're probably not even in the know anymore.

Marcus - what do you know about David Connolly??? I know we have put a bid in but nothing more.

Ask Madbiker - you can believe what he says.....

City Fan said:
Ask Madbiker - you can believe what he says.....
Mad Biker dropped a bit of clanger with the Bent deal though. I know for sure we have put a bid in but dont know if this is the one Micky told us had been turned down. I would think West Ham would value him quite highly as they look very short of strikers. With talk of the Trees getting Harewood back and Zamora not exacly flavour of the month I think they will only sell one. Maybe they will sell whichever they can get the most dosh for.

Mad Biker dropped a bit of clanger with the Bent deal though.

No he didn't.

We were very close to signing him until Everton came in with a last minute offer. He didn't say we had signed him, he said we were close to signing him, which we were.

DurhamFox said:
With talk of the Trees getting Harewood back

apparently there is red tape guarding against a club selling a player and re-signing him within 12 months

come on mickey, steal him!

:D

se4_fox said:
DurhamFox said:

apparently there is red tape guarding against a club selling a player and re-signing him within 12 months

Red tape = league rules say you aren't allowed to do it

Connolly - seen on another message board that Sunderland have been linked with him in the London press. So if 2 of us are bidding £500k, the price will go up, bet Hammers will ask for a £1m & take the highest bid - mind you Connolly has got to fancy the move as well

KTFaith said:
se4_fox said:
DurhamFox said:

Red tape = league rules say you aren't allowed to do it

Connolly - seen on another message board that Sunderland have been linked with him in the London press. So if 2 of us are bidding £500k, the price will go up, bet Hammers will ask for a £1m & take the highest bid - mind you Connolly has got to fancy the move as well

well well well, now we ARE being rumoured with him

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/d...&sourceNode=134248&contentPK=10548499

Forest face competition from four other clubs for the signature of Marlon Harewood.

Premiership new boys Crystal Palace and Norwich are in the chase, along with Leicester City and Leeds United.

West Ham boss Alan Pardew is determined to hold onto the striker he signed from the Reds for £500,000 in November.

He played down the Forest link, saying: "Marlon has already said that he is very happy at West Ham United and has no wish to leave.

"I'm delighted about that because I can assure our supporters that Marlon is very much part of my plans for the new season."

However, the financial situation at Upton Park may force Pardew's hand.

The Hammers are desperate to reduce their wage bill following their failure to bounce straight back into the Premiership last season.

Losing to Palace in the play-off final has meant they have had to look at reducing their wage bill.

Midfielder Michael Carrick and Czech defender Tomas Repka are the two big-earners the club was looking to sacrifice but there have been no offers for them.

The only player attracting interest at Upton Park is Harewood, who ended last season with 26 goals, 12 of which were scored for Forest.

The season before he had scored 21, as he helped steer Forest to the play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757