iMac down - cloud storage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawsley

Two years in and my late-2013's graphics card has spit the dummy.

One way or another, and probably the costly route for the sake of my blood pressure, it'll get fixed but the process revealed I kept all my backup music, image and documents on a hard-drive that went to the tip when I was totally mad. I so wish I'd paid for a cloud storage option with somebody.

I've got a backup of this machine but it's just stuff aggregated over the last two years, not before. Nothing I can do about it but sulk now.

Anyway, moving forward, what do you reckon? Box, Dropbox, iCloud, Another?

I'm going to start running a two external hard-drive backup system when it's up and running too.

Two years in and my late-2013's graphics card has spit the dummy.

One way or another, and probably the costly route for the sake of my blood pressure, it'll get fixed but the process revealed I kept all my backup music, image and documents on a hard-drive that went to the tip when I was totally mad. I so wish I'd paid for a cloud storage option with somebody.

I've got a backup of this machine but it's just stuff aggregated over the last two years, not before. Nothing I can do about it but sulk now.

Anyway, moving forward, what do you reckon? Box, Dropbox, iCloud, Another?

I'm going to start running a two external hard-drive backup system when it's up and running too.

I know that pain! I now run a great application called Arq with my Macs, then back up to Amazon Glacier, costs about £1.50 a month for about 300GB. I also backup the Documents and a couple of other folders to Dropbox and iCloud too. Then I have a Carbon Cloned disk image off site as well as Time Machine to local NAS. Probably overkill but I vowed I'd never lose data again!!

Part of me, quite a large part, has an unsubstantiated aversion to giving Google all of my bytes.

In other news, Apple offered to fix the iMac and waive the £500 fee without me having to get even slightly vexed. I've never known the like. My love for the fruit people has grown exponentially.

In other news, Apple offered to fix the iMac and waive the £500 fee without me having to get even slightly vexed. I've never known the like. My love for the fruit people has grown exponentially.

Just shows how much they make on their products in the first place!

Part of me, quite a large part, has an unsubstantiated aversion to giving Google all of my bytes.

I'm pretty much the same with Apple. I've never had anything beyond an early iPod Classic. I can't explain my hate, they're all as bad as each other, morally.

I find Apple very easy to deal with if you have a minimum amount of knowledge.

My wife lost hee iPhone (5 or 6) and wasn't due an upgrade for 8 months but after talking to them they supplied a replacement 6 foc and ported all the data over to the new device and set it up foc as well.

Pretty impressive.

I find Apple very easy to deal with if you have a minimum amount of knowledge.

My wife lost hee iPhone (5 or 6) and wasn't due an upgrade for 8 months but after talking to them they supplied a replacement 6 foc and ported all the data over to the new device and set it up foc as well.

Pretty impressive.

Just shows how much they make on their products in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757