Injury News Injury update from the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, on the plus side, it means we can continue with an unchanged side...

...well, I am searching BUT, in all seriousness, how would BR accommodate Barnes' return? Not just in terms of personnel but shape etc too

Whatever, pretty carp for Harvey, missing out on the FA Cup en'all.

To be honest, I think we knew this was coming. The initial suggestion was at least 6 weeks, but it’s long past that and there had been no mention of him returning, so it’s not a surprise.

Cod knows how he'll be feeling. I hope there's nothing fishy about it.

To be honest, I think we knew this was coming. The initial suggestion was at least 6 weeks, but it’s long past that and there had been no mention of him returning, so it’s not a surprise.
I definitely didn't believe that he would somehow be back and fit as a fiddle only 6 weeks later. I was actually relieved to see that it's just barnes out for a bit longer instead of a Tielemans or Iheanacho. It would have been nice to have barnes back as an option to create more competition for places but we should be able to cope without him.

This season feels like it's gone on forever...Remember how good Justin was? Barnes? How most thought Nacho was useless? Fuchs playing 10 or so games in a row. Big Wes coming off the bench. Mendy startng the season and being a key contributor.

Tavares? Daley-Campbell? Lashebela?

This season feels like it's gone on forever...Remember how good Justin was? Barnes? How most thought Nacho was useless? Fuchs playing 10 or so games in a row. Big Wes coming off the bench. Mendy startng the season and being a key contributor.

Tavares? Daley-Campbell? Lashebela?

It's crazy isn't it? I was thinking the other day about Fuchs playing such a big part early in the season and now he's nowhere to be seen. Not saying he should be playing, but that he was used so much unexpectedly at the start of the season and now you could almost forget he's still here.

It's amazing we are where we are when you consider the injuries we've had - Justin and Barnes missing so much of the second half of the season when they were two of our best players (maybe the two best players) in the first months of the season.

Huge shame for Barnes - would've loved to see him back in time for the last few games, but it was unrealistic already to expect that.

More concerning that he needs another op though, because that really is a setback and not just a muscular injury on his comeback trail. Hopefully he does make it back for a full pre-season and can be ready to go again for the first game, but if he's just having another op now then who knows.

I think it's because there was such a short break between the end of last season and this one - project restart almost feels like a part of the season bar the shit results of course!

Knee injuries are a worry too. I don't think it is necessarily anything we are contributing to through training etc and more unlucky as I think the recent 3 may all have been without contact.

The bigger part of the worry is how good Justin and Barnes will be when they come back. Judging by Ricardo's return it seems quite plausible that we won't seem the same standard of player immediately, possibly ever.

Ricardo looked good for 20-30 mins away at Spurs but apart from that, he hasn't looked anything like the same player before his injury but hopefully he will be more like it after an end of season rest and full pre season etc.

well, on the plus side, it means we can continue with an unchanged side...

...well, I am searching BUT, in all seriousness, how would BR accommodate Barnes' return? Not just in terms of personnel but shape etc too

This is really a positive not a negative, that we can mix it up and have different systems and different attacking threats. We’ve been bemoaning lack of attacking variety on the bench and the challenge of competing in Europe, it’s not as if we’ll have a first XI and one set system.

Yes, of course, Barnes' return would be a good 'problem' for BR to have. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I was only giving the bad news a spin!

With the results of the last 8 games or so, would Brenda dare not to pick Vardy and Nacho together every time if they are both fit?

There’s no way he could break up the partnership at the moment.
It'd take a brave man, that's for sure, certainly in a starting lineup. Hence my comment about Barnes above. That said, if things aren't going well in a game, or either aren't on form, then a 'plan b' might see one or the other subbed off.

It'd take a brave man, that's for sure, certainly in a starting lineup. Hence my comment about Barnes above. That said, if things aren't going well in a game, or either aren't on form, then a 'plan b' might see one or the other subbed off.
Barnes could come on as a sub for Vardy if he was fit. The latter is playing a very similar role at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757