Internationals, October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Danny Ward, Andy King and George Thomas are named in the Wales squad.

Rachid Ghezzal is named in the Algerian squad.

Maddison will be in the England squad apparently

Not surprised, partly due to his own form but also injuries to players in his position (Lingard, Alli and Sterling are all out I think)

It's a free-for-all

Two legs and your in these days.

Harry Maguire and James Maddison both included in the England squad.

It's a free-for-all

Two legs and your in these days.

What are you talking about. We have a full team of world class players there:

Marcus Bettinelli

Danny Rose
Joe Gomez
James Tarkowski

Ross Barkley
Nathaniel Chalobah
Eric Dier
Mason Mount
Harry Winks

Jadon Sancho
Danny Welbeck

Wow. Just wow

And now I've reached the point where the England squad contains someone younger than my kid.

**** off.

Good to see players that have been playing well for other clubs getting in the England squad as soon as they join Leicester.
Shame B. Chilwell isn't there too.

I hate commenting on England because it's all a load of old toss really but . . .

What sort of ****wit picks Chilwell last time, plays him, he does well, and then immediately drops him for a Spurs reserve player who hasn't played well for over a year?

Just because he got incredibly lucky with the draw in the World Cup, it hasn't stopped Southgate being an utterly incompetent buffoon. I cannot comprehend that he's signed a new 4 year deal, it's a nonsense. He is completely unsuitable for the role.

Maddison should be a year away from potential selection for his own sake. Picking poor kids like Mount, Sancho and Winks is also utterly insane. My betting is that such premature promotions will lead to major career flops from some of these. Chilwell has now had a year of consistent Premier League football so he's worth a go. These others have nowhere near enough basic experience.

I fecking hate everything to do with international football. It's poisonous shite.

Nations League wank.

I hate commenting on England because it's all a load of old toss really but . . .

What sort of ****wit picks Chilwell last time, plays him, he does well, and then immediately drops him for a Spurs reserve player who hasn't played well for over a year?

Just because he got incredibly lucky with the draw in the World Cup, it hasn't stopped Southgate being an utterly incompetent buffoon. I cannot comprehend that he's signed a new 4 year deal, it's a nonsense. He is completely unsuitable for the role.

Maddison should be a year away from potential selection for his own sake. Picking poor kids like Mount, Sancho and Winks is also utterly insane. My betting is that such premature promotions will lead to major career flops from some of these. Chilwell has now had a year of consistent Premier League football so he's worth a go. These others have nowhere near enough basic experience.

I fecking hate everything to do with international football. It's poisonous shite.

Nations League wank.

So you’re on the fence right?

Maddison should be a year away from potential selection for his own sake.

This was my first thought. He's played a few good games for us and is clearly a bit of a cocky sod anyway. At this point playing for England does nothing for his career except heap more pressure on him.

Don't like it.

This was my first thought. He's played a few good games for us and is clearly a bit of a cocky sod anyway. At this point playing for England does nothing for his career except heap more pressure on him.

Don't like it.
Well he's been selected, so let's see how he handles it.
He's handled everything well so far, and with a bit of a swagger.
Well done Jamie, I say. Keep up the good work.

Ben Chilwell and Harvey Barnes are in the England U21 squad.

I noticed Sancho has completed 125 minutes of football off the bench this season.

Fully deserved

I noticed Sancho has completed 125 minutes of football off the bench this season.

Fully deserved

Nathaniel Chalobah has played four minutes of Premier League football for Watford this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757