Internationals September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's currently in the U-21 squad.

It seems that he was an un-used sub in tonights (Friday) game agains Kosovo U21.
England won 6-0

When I have slated Chilwell in the past and others have said well he's Englands left back I've said in other posts that getting called up for England nowadays is pretty average at best, this pretty much confirms that if Justin gets called up England are proper shit

When I have slated Chilwell in the past and others have said well he's Englands left back I've said in other posts that getting called up for England nowadays is pretty average at best, this pretty much confirms that if Justin gets called up England are proper shit
He was just invited to train with them, not called into the squad.

I've no desire to defend Southgate or England. In fact, the only positive about Chilwell leaving is that I can ignore them altogether now.

However, why on earth wouldn't an international manager want to use the get togethers as an opportunity to give some U21s some training opportunities with the senior team? It would be professional incompetence to do otherwise.

James Justin is a player who may go on to be decent or may stuttter along for a bit and then decline. I would think that nobody knows right now which direction he's going to go. He is a useful back up player for us an absolutely nowhere near good enough for England.

However, if he does kick on and become a decent player, training with the senior England team will be of benefit for him and England. They get to learn about each other.

Pretty sure that is a regular occurrence at all levels of football and doesn't necessarily relate to ability.

Most likely they just wanted some extra defenders for some training drills and/or some of the senior defenders sat out the session as precautions so needed to make up the numbers.

How that relates to Chilwell **** nos! People really need to get over him as he's gone now.

There’s no reason to think he can’t develop further. He’s made a lot of progress in his short career already and comes across as a solid pro. Good exposure for one of our younger players. What’s not to like?

Kasper vs Youri, Denis and Timothy today?

England back four of Walker, Gomez, Dier and Trippier

Possibly the worst back four I’ve ever seen play for England

Are we seriously supposed to believe that we don’t actually have a single left back in the whole ****ing country, or a centre back better than Eric ****ing Dier ?

England back four of Walker, Gomez, Dier and Trippier

Possibly the worst back four I’ve ever seen play for England

Are we seriously supposed to believe that we don’t actually have a single left back in the whole ****ing country, or a centre back better than Eric ****ing Dier ?
line up I saw had Dier in CM and Rice at CB, don't know what Ryan Bertrand has done to Southgate to not get a call up when Chilwell and Shaw are injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757